Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-06-2010, 10:47 PM   #61

Re: Stray cat - "Squiffy"

He's such a softie and wants to be indoors it seems. I did feel sad shutting the door on him tonight - he'd come back in through the kitchen window! We have a microchip flap now and of course only Kizzy and Pip have the key to the door.

Catsey Veteran

28-06-2010, 11:38 AM   #62

Have I encouraged a cuckoo into the house? Squiffy has attacked Pip twice this morning - fur flying around, nothing more serious but I am inclined to think it wasn't just playful behaviour and was totally unprovoked both times. I'm not having that.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
28-06-2010, 11:55 AM   #63

Oh dear, our Pip's a lover not a fighter seems Squiff's a bully and the neighbours were right about terrorism of their two boys. Sorry Angie, gotta take care of your babies first.
Maybe the nut job will calm that side down ?

Catsey Veteran

28-06-2010, 11:59 AM   #64

Absolutely - you are right about Pip, he's no fighter and the look of bewilderment on his face was so telling. I've just had to vacuum up the bits of white fur in the hallway - poor little Pip and it's all mummy and daddy's fault.

I am quite glad that he's shown his true colours now and not waited until we'd "adopted" him. I shall still feed him, but outside only. Really need to find his owner now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-06-2010, 04:11 PM   #65

Oh dear! Well, better to have found out sooner than later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
28-06-2010, 07:29 PM   #66

Poor Pip . . . poor Squiffy to So does that mean you're not going to give him a try? I mean neuter him and see if his temperament improves.

Even if you do thus much (on the basis that his owners don't claim him), then he will stand a much greater chance of finding a new home - even if it turns out not to be yours.

Catsey Veteran

28-06-2010, 08:17 PM   #67

Good advice from Yola.......

Catsey Veteran

28-06-2010, 09:06 PM   #68

Kazz has kindly contacted CP for me and they will be sending me a form. If I can, I will go ahead and get him done at the very least. He is quite welcome to come and eat here, but as the winter comes he will need a home and IF he continues to bully Pip, I cannot in all conscience offer him a long term home.

His photo is now on the local website and also on MyMoggy.com, there is a poster up at the bottom of the bridleway opposite the pub and I could contact our local magazine and put up some further posters in our local farm shop and Tesco's too. I've not given up on finding his owners.

Catsey Veteran

28-06-2010, 09:40 PM   #69

You're certainly giving it the old school try, Angie; hopefully an owner will appear; and if not at least he'll have the op, which should improve his disposition greatly. Leia sends commiserations to her cousin Pip, and said she would sort Squiffy out for him if she were there.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
28-06-2010, 10:24 PM   #70

You mab find the op renders him such a softie that you feel he could join the family but obviously young Pip and Kizzie come first and you are really going the extra mile for Squiffy.

I moved into a house with my cats some years ago and 'inherited' an intact Tom I nicknamed 'Manky' (he was!).
He was a real problem and often picked on Herod but I got him to the vet with the help of CP and he was de-flead, de-ticked and de-furry plumed. He turned, within a week, into the biggest softy you could imagine and lived alongside the others happily for years. I'm not saying this will happen with Squiffy but I think there is a strong chance that once his hormones have calmed down so will he.