Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: torty
John is Male
21-05-2009, 02:54 PM   #71

Re: Stray cat

just an update to say I have just had a MOT on the car.it passed even though it still has this sort of " perfumary" smell
Tom cat missed his checkup at the vets he had gone walkabout..he wants to go out at night and come back in about 11am have somthing to eat and go to sleep.for the rest of the day. I thought he may have stayed in more since he lost his bits, but I suppose he is more of an outdoor type of cat...I noticed today his eyes were a little watery in the corners will have to keep an eye on this ..pun intended..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
21-05-2009, 03:00 PM   #72

Hopefully he'll settle soon John. He may, of course always be a bit of a roamer but it's less likely with his tackle removed.

Keep an eye on the eyes . . . do you think it might be hayfever, or the feline equivalent?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-05-2009, 04:30 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Hopefully he'll settle soon John. He may, of course always be a bit of a roamer but it's less likely with his tackle removed.

Keep an eye on the eyes . . . do you think it might be hayfever, or the feline equivalent?
A definite possibility; Dandy got a spell of sneezing, wheezing and being off his food for a few days every Spring and Autumn as regularly as clockwork for all his life.

And it will take a while for all of those hormones to get out of his system!

Catsey Senior

John is Male
22-05-2009, 02:11 PM   #74

Tom does seem to have bouts of sneezing. I never gave it a thought that it may be hayfever..and he does seem to be of his food a bit..he went out about an hour ago, walking up the road yowling like he used to do when he had his bits, his lady friends are going to be so disapointed, and he is going to be so embarrised when he cant do the job..

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
22-05-2009, 02:20 PM   #75

lol too funny... has he noticed that they are gone?
As for the sneezing...has he ever had shots??... one of the things with cat flu is if a cat had it bad enough when they were younger it can come back when the body is in recovery mode... ķe.. after surgery or during other sickness.. even if they are up to date with immunisations... .. or it could quite possibly be enviromental

Catsey Veteran

22-05-2009, 03:56 PM   #76

John, we'd love to see pics of your boy!!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: two long haired two short hair cats
23-05-2009, 07:37 PM   #77

Hope all s well with Tom now? Glad the car passed its MOT regardless lol - and hope this sunny weather continues so you can blow that darned smell away through the open windows! Its a wonder its not making YOUR eyes water. Jx

Catsey Senior

John is Male
24-05-2009, 11:06 PM   #78

sorry I cannot post pictures..I have a new pc and downlowded Mcafee anti virus i must have done somthing wrong because it will not accept my camera..I am hoping a friend will come and sort it out for me..I am not very good with pc.s ..I shouldnt think Tommy has had any flue or other injections .when I see the vet next I will see what he says..but as he is a stray and he is a few years old I probably wont bother..he is staying in the house a lot longer so hopefully he is starting to settle down..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
25-05-2009, 01:26 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by John
sorry I cannot post pictures..I have a new pc and downlowded Mcafee anti virus i must have done somthing wrong because it will not accept my camera..I am hoping a friend will come and sort it out for me..I am not very good with pc.s ..I shouldnt think Tommy has had any flue or other injections .when I see the vet next I will see what he says..but as he is a stray and he is a few years old I probably wont bother..he is staying in the house a lot longer so hopefully he is starting to settle down..
Might be an idea to reconsider and have his injections done, especially as he is a stray.
As he loses all the build up of hormones, due to being entire, he will become more homely and settled.
Well done for looking after dear Tommy xxx

Catsey Veteran

25-05-2009, 04:08 PM   #80

What a shame that your computer won't accept the camera. I hope your friend will get it sorted for you! Meanwhile, keep the "word pictures" of Tom's doings coming!