Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Havana brown, Bengal
15-04-2009, 09:20 PM   #71

Re: Chester

Oh Joy! I read this thread for ages hoping he would stroll right back in....... I bet you enjoyed your holiday more!

Good lad Chester!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
15-04-2009, 09:22 PM   #72

brilliant!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
16-04-2009, 01:12 AM   #73

What fantastic news DM.. oh the stories he could tell! By the look of your post he has been found a long way away...i bet you are just thrilled beyond words...I know i am...WELCOME HOME CHESTER!!!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: All types
mattde is Male
16-04-2009, 07:59 AM   #74

WOW thats great news , happy days

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
16-04-2009, 08:29 AM   #75

OMG thats fantastic DM, welcome home Chester xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
16-04-2009, 08:37 AM   #76

OH MY GOOD GOSH! FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!

Welcome back Chester, mate! and DM, you must be sooooooo happy

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
16-04-2009, 01:46 PM   #77

Oh what absolutely fantastic news, absolutely made up for you i'm so happy he is safe and will be home soon, I bet you just can't wait to get home now you know he is waiting for you, how wonderful, what a boy!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
16-04-2009, 02:30 PM   #78

I've comandeered the laptop whilst OH is busy at a meeting so I can tell you as much as I know so far. We were actually at the gate at Heathrow on Tuesday and OH said he was just going for a mooch about to stretch his legs, have wee etc - it was about 45 minutes to departure time. He was gone a while but no worries - I was just chilling, people watching etc. Then he returned and said 'I've got some good but inconvenient news'. So, I set my brain to that for a few seconds but gave up ... OK - tell me. "Chester's been found" "Alive????" "Yup. He's at the vets, He's skinny and hungry but they've checked him over and he's OK."
So amazing! Poor OH was actually on the throne when his blackberry went off! but never mind! So, he explained the situation (maybe not the exact details I've just put) and asked the vets to arrange with the cattery to collect him.
Somebody had handed him in. He was found about a mile from home and he had crossed the river (Obviously over the bridge - he hadn't swum or boated!) which I find quite amazing. I'd never have imagined him doing that
He survived the first night when it rained and hailed like crazy and the second when it snowed. He ws six weeks away. Goodness knows what he ate - he's never caught anything bigger than a fly.
The vet has the name of the person who handed him in but won't give it to me; I'll have to write a note and put in a gift voucher and ask them to address and post it for me. Maybe I'll find out more later. Where he's found (if I've got the story right) is a busy shopping street (there are only two!) in our little town.

I'm still amazed......

Thanks for all your comments and good wishes - my little lad certainly had plenty of people pulling for him. Seems like you're nearly as chuffed as I am

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
16-04-2009, 02:37 PM   #79

DM there's not one person on Catsey that didn't have a smile or sense of relief at your news yesterday ......... now we really do know never to give up hope!

So pleased the news came through before you boarded .......what an exciting way to start your holiday!

Enjoy it and please hurry home as we are longing to hear of your reunion!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
16-04-2009, 02:38 PM   #80

I dont think any of us are quite as chuffed as you DM but we are all exstatic at the good news. Cannt wait till you get him home and take some new piccies of the wee monkey.