Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-06-2008, 08:29 PM   #81

Re: Merlin's operation

Here's the lad, photo taken this afternoon -

I've got a few more to sort through, I think there's one where you can see where the cyst used to be a bit more clearly. Guess I'd best post them it photos section.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-06-2008, 08:51 PM   #82

Oh poor darling, he looks so unhappy in that collar........

Catsey Veteran

28-06-2008, 09:05 PM   #83

He hates it Eileen, which is natural. I hate it too, but if it prevents him pulling his stitches or scratching at his wound, then I'm not taking it off. I don't suppose all the extra cuddles and soothing words in the world can make it any better for him at the moment. Fair breaks my heart watching him trying to groom himself.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
28-06-2008, 09:05 PM   #84

Come on Angie admit it you tempted him with food/toy for that picture didn't you?

Have to say his eyes look different......you can see the infection is well and truely gone now can't you.
You can see it in his eyes, free from discomfort. You did the right thing with this operation just think you are almost a week clear now this time next week the collar will be off. Small chunks.......the rest disolves into memory, thankfuly.

Catsey Veteran

28-06-2008, 09:07 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
He hates it Eileen, which is natural. I hate it too, but if it prevents him pulling his stitches or scratching at his wound, then I'm not taking it off. I don't suppose all the extra cuddles and soothing words in the world can make it any better for him at the moment. Fair breaks my heart watching him trying to groom himself.
The part I have highlighted shows true respect for your cat. And I for one would stand and applaud you for it. In fact I will and wake the dog up.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-06-2008, 09:10 PM   #86

That looks as if its made of some sort of clear plastic. When Dandy had one years ago it was a very heavy cardboard type of material..he had it off within a half hour after we got home.....

Catsey Veteran

28-06-2008, 09:53 PM   #87

Knew food was involved.

Catsey Veteran

29-06-2008, 12:28 AM   #88

I had the small saucer of mince in my hand when OH took that photo Kazz!

Yes Eileen, it is a clear plastic, but has thin white lines running though it - why white lines I have no idea. I said to the vet that I thought they could design a better product but thought that as it was probably cheap to produce and disposable it stayed as it was. He did say that manufacturers over the years had tinkered with the design, but in getting one part better, another part was not so good. I just think something a bit more flexible and perhaps a bit softer would be easier for an animal to wear.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
29-06-2008, 03:44 AM   #89

Bless him, it's a wonder he can reach any food at all with that on......