Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
11-09-2009, 11:05 PM   #81

Re: Missing Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick
Ha Ha put the sieve back on and try to ignore the voices
I do try, but they keep creeping in!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
12-09-2009, 09:50 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick
I dont know where your from. but vet nurses are vet nurses until they take their final exam when they become 'qualified vet nurses' but it is not compulsary.
As for as the wolf is concerned I thought most of you were against killing healthy animals.
also I've needed more doc visits for cat bites than wolf bites, ha
I'm sorry but until I took my final exams and had my portfolio of work signed off, I was a student veterinary nurse. Had I not have passed my professional qualification, I would be working as an animal nursing assistant. It may seem petty but I worked damn hard to earn the right to call myself a Registered and Listed Veterinary Nurse. It is a profession with as much distinction as a 'human' nurse and a healthcare assistant working in hospitals.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
12-09-2009, 01:32 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklizzy
I'm sorry but until I took my final exams and had my portfolio of work signed off, I was a student veterinary nurse. Had I not have passed my professional qualification, I would be working as an animal nursing assistant. It may seem petty but I worked damn hard to earn the right to call myself a Registered and Listed Veterinary Nurse. It is a profession with as much distinction as a 'human' nurse and a healthcare assistant working in hospitals.
Congrats to you Pinklizzy. You are of course totally correct and comes from somebody who is actually qualified and I expect would be damned annoyed if trainees were giving themselves the same title as you had worked so hard for.

Cats owned: None
18-09-2009, 04:11 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageCat
How on earth was this allowed to happen!!?? This is what the Dangerous Wild Animals Act is in place for. Surely someone must have known this person was keeping a wolf? What's in store for this poor beautiful animal now?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_...st/8246326.stm
To answer your question, it was not a wolf at all, and therefor, was not subject to the strict containment requirements that have to be adhered to and checked, before a dangerous wild animal licence is granted.

Not only do wolves not have blue eyes, there was another article revealing that it was a husky, no suprise there, the owner basicaly lied.

Cats owned: None
18-09-2009, 05:22 PM   #85

For those who struggle to tell the difference between a wolf and husky.

Tundra wolf
[IMG]
[/IMG]

Arabian wolf.
[IMG]
[/IMG]

Note the eye colour, shape of ears, and overall shape of the head.

Siberian husky.
[IMG]
[/IMG]

Another wolf.
[IMG]
[/IMG]

Look at the physical profile closely, taking into account all aspects, including chest depth, leg length, top line etc.

Husky
[IMG]
[/IMG]

Now compare to these wolves.
[IMG]
[/IMG]
Ethiopean wolf
[IMG]
[/IMG]
European wolf
[IMG]
[/IMG]