Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
13-07-2009, 12:29 PM   #1

Monday 13th

Well its after lunch and I am back from the shops and a bit of banking etc...to find no one has done a daily...shame on you.

Weather okay here will attempt the garden just can't get into the swing.............once I start I hope it will kick in.

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
13-07-2009, 01:43 PM   #2

Re: Monday 13th

It is quiet today, isn't it?
I've been out with the dog and at the allotment but the weather isn't very reliable - got wet twice! There was a torrential downpour which woke us at 6. Pretty warm though - the weeds will flourish!
Have taken delivery of Narrow Dog to Indian River, follow up to Narrow Dog to Carcassonne, so I suspect I may start that. Also have yet more gooseberries to top and tail and freeze away. The other side of that coin is that we have gooseberry crumble left from yesterday for supper tonight.
Hope you're all having a lovely day doing ..... whatever you're doing

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
13-07-2009, 02:11 PM   #3

Afternoon all,

Its been an ok day weather wise here today it did rain for 5 mins before though.

Ive been to work then went to have my hair cut... It needed it.

Gonna chill for the rest of the day.

Its soap night tonight, I love Monday tv lol.

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
13-07-2009, 02:42 PM   #4

It's raining on and off here but warm too. Just had a review meeting with one of our 'stress bunny' staff. Lovely girl, but she worries about absolutely everything!

Anyways - boys are in holiday care for 4 weeks now which means they have fun at school with all their friends and I can work much as if they were in classes. Tonight we have a 'terrace' meeting between ourselves and neighbours to discuss the next stage of our front wall and railing project Bit miffed as I wanted to watch Jimmy McGovern's 'The Street' tonight at 9 . . . still, that's what iPlayer's for isn't it!!

Catsey Veteran

13-07-2009, 03:56 PM   #5

Oh yes that looks good "the street" may watch that myself...got to go Sal is barking at soemthing/someone....

Catsey Veteran

13-07-2009, 03:59 PM   #6

Okay we were under attack...........but she has scared them off...........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
13-07-2009, 04:00 PM   #7

I quite liked most of The Street in the previous series. This weeks, with Bob Hoskins, is being much vaunted.
Also a single play about the 'credit crisis', called Freefall. I think that may be Wednesday. And New Tricks starts a new series this week. Plus the Ashes resuming on Thursday ..... TV eyes all round!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-07-2009, 04:37 PM   #8

Another lovely morning here, getting back to more normal temperatures: 28C now, sun, low humidity, nice breeze! No errands so slept in; out putting small mesh bags on a few of the coloring tomatoes in the hope of foiling would-be eaters...fingers crossed... waiting for my new bird feeder to come; squirrel has damaged the current one. That's my "exciting news" of the day!

Hope it's pleasant for all, whatever you're doing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
13-07-2009, 05:23 PM   #9

My mind's been in France all day. Let me explain. Every year, when I was teaching, the Languages department organised residential stays in France, Year 8s go to Normandy and Year 10s go to Paris, just before the end of term. Last Saturday we all had lunch together and they were full of their plans for this week.

This is the first time for years and years that I haven't gone with them and it's the first time since I retired that I felt regrets. I hope they all have a good time and that the weather forecast improves. They'll have arrived by now, unpacked, inspected the facilities and be getting ready for dinner. Ah well, it's somebody else's turn now! but it was one of the bits of the job I really loved even though you're "on duty" 24 hours a day and the responsibilities are huge. I really loved getting a different perspective on the pupils, their interests and personalities.

I did, however, also note how tired my former colleagues looked on Saturday, they've had a really rough time at school lately and are really ready for their Summer holidays, whereas I am on holiday 52 weeks of the year!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
13-07-2009, 07:01 PM   #10

D'ya know MrsH, even though I'm in my mid-40s, I can't get my head around the concept of retiring. I have a friend who's a week older than me and works in corporate finance (and hasn't got a financial worry in the world ) and she's already talking about what they are going to do when they retire.

Personally, I'm pleased they are phasing in the removal of the official retirement age as it means I'll be free to continue working in whatever capacity I choose (god willing) to when that times comes.