Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
20-02-2006, 08:06 PM   #1

Eva went mental!!!

Tried to clip Eva's claws last week and she hit the roof, biting and hissing so i thought it best to get the vet to do it for me. Made an appointment for today at 3. At 2.45 I had to phone and cancel the appoiontment because I couldnt get her into the carry box, SHE WENT MENTAL!!!! She has never been keen on going in the box but today she was like a berserker. I am only releived by the fact that it wasnt an emergency. If any one has any tips on how to get a small mountain lioness into a carry box then please give me some tips. I leave the box out and its open, I also sometimes leave some treats in it so its not like it is something that only comes out when its time to go to the vets.
EVA THE DIVA STRIKES AGAIN.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
20-02-2006, 08:10 PM   #2

Re: Eva went mental!!!

Twix is a bit of a ****** to get into his box, what i have to do with him is hide the box in one room, usually in the doorway but out of sight. I then pick himup, and hold his front paws tucked into himself. I ahve the box up on end and literally put him down intoit head first, letting his paws go once his head is in, then the rest had to follow and quickly slam on the door, being as nice as possible to him of course!

Catsey Veteran

20-02-2006, 08:57 PM   #3

Hmm I was thinking more along the lines of hog tying her and dragging her to the vets all trussed up

Honestly though you should have seen the carry on. She even managed to throw the carry box across the room, just missing poor old Winston.

Methinks she really has to go to kitty finnishing school and learn how to behave like a lady and not a Diva.

Catsey Veteran

20-02-2006, 09:04 PM   #4

drug her! put sleeping pills in a nice treat for her! knock her out lol.

Only joking.

I can't suggest anything really, that's what i do with twix, as i foud it the only way to get him in. With oatmeal it's a cas eof shove his fat rear end until the other end goes in, but twix will fight scratch bite etc. they were fine as kittens but think they elarnt carrier means vets lol!

Catsey Veteran

21-02-2006, 09:31 PM   #5

Eva is booked in again for next week. Have bought a new carry box, one of those top loading ones. My plan is to wrap her in a towel first. Winston is also booked in for his b/p check, think I might get them to check mine whilst there LOL.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
21-02-2006, 09:51 PM   #6

I was going to suggest wrapping kitty tightly in a towel and getting her in, leaving the towel for her to sit on!!

Catsey Veteran

21-02-2006, 09:55 PM   #7

I'm certainly going to give it a try Donna Wish me luck and if future posts are slow, its because i am missing a limb

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
21-02-2006, 09:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
I'm certainly going to give it a try Donna Wish me luck and if future posts are slow, its because i am missing a limb
We will understand if you cant type!!!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Moggie
21-02-2006, 10:26 PM   #9

Quote:
At 2.45 I had to phone and cancel the appoiontment because I couldnt get her into the carry box, SHE WENT MENTAL

awwwwwwwwwww

Catsey Veteran

22-02-2006, 06:31 AM   #10

i never thought of wrapping twix in a towel, but the way he fights i think it just as quick to shove him right in the box head first lol.