Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
08-12-2011, 04:44 PM   #1

gale force thurday

afternoon everyone, saw there was no daily as yet so thought i would start 1.

I was sent home from work today due to the winds here, myself and 1 of the other girls in my team were sent away first as we live the furthest away and the rest were being sent home at varied times. Glad i got my bus and am home safe, just been to asda and its getting wild out there!! Hoping it calms down soon. OH is home aswell as 1 of the companies he had a call to today was closing early aswell so he didnt have to go back out thankfully.

Hope you are all safe and warm inside away from this horrible weather xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-12-2011, 04:49 PM   #2

Re: gale force thurday

Hi, Pamela, we posted at almost the same time; I'll ask one of the Mods when she comes on to merge them. Glad you're home safe, and OH too of course. Your weather sounds awful!!

Catsey Veteran

08-12-2011, 04:58 PM   #3

That sounds like a plan Eileen The weather here is horrible. Glad we are all in safe. How is your weather?

Catsey Veteran

08-12-2011, 05:00 PM   #4

Did my usual weather report in my Daily.... chilly, sunny and windy, but nothing like yours.

Catsey Veteran

08-12-2011, 05:06 PM   #5

We officially according to the met office have our first hurricane as the winds are over 70mph!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
08-12-2011, 05:20 PM   #6

Mmmmmm... Fife has had a Met office red warning for from 3pm today - schools shut at lunch time, and other services not long before that, bridges closed since 10:40 or so? Bin men recalled, day care services mostly closed, and the wind far stronger far quicker than expected... I stayed in work until 2:30, when I didn't have much left needing doing, and had a safe trip home, but most people seem to have had hairy experiences... Quite glad to be home - given I'd still be at training if the centre it was at hadn't closed!!!

Catsey Veteran

08-12-2011, 05:38 PM   #7

Glad you're OK too, Squirrel. I hope our other Scottish members are ... wish they'd check in!

Catsey Veteran

08-12-2011, 05:38 PM   #8

Glad to hear you are home safe squirrel, we have had the red warning since last night for here. Majority if not all of the offices in Glasgow have been shut down. I was sent home at 1pm today but got a bus home pretty quickly after the walk upto the bus station which took a bit longer than usual. The winds seem to be picking up here again so im hoping they will die down soon. Remember and have torches/cadles ready squirrel as they are forecasting possible power cuts

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
08-12-2011, 05:53 PM   #9

Keep safe all our scottish members, it sounds dreadful. It's very windy here too but not as bad as you have it.
Been to work this morning, then home for my hair trimmed and streaked. I'm out with my 3 cousins tonight for a christmas meal.
Tomorrow it's the works do, i'm dreading it realy as i still don't feel part of the place. Still i have a new outfit to wear so that should help. I will have a small drink before going too, Howard is going to drive me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
08-12-2011, 05:53 PM   #10

I will do Pamela... And yep, it was yesterday evening I was first clued into the red warnings - and first thing this am that the schools were going to close at lunch time.

Hopefully other members shall check in soon...

I had to go pick up a script at lunchtime, and was buffeted around quite a bit - wind plus hail.