Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-03-2008, 09:54 PM   #1

Disquieting thought ......

As most of you know, Onyx, my little black stray has been missing for 8 weeks today. I had considered the usual: another home, a RTA, but one of my neighbors I hadn't seen in a while asked me today if there had been any news, and then said it very well might have been a fox.... and that is true; we are only two blocks from the woods, and I occasionally see one, usually around dusk. And Onyx was a small cat; never weighed her but I'd guess 5 - 6 pounds...

I hope not....

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
12-03-2008, 10:04 PM   #2

Re: Disquieting thought ......

It's best not to dwell on that last option Eileen, it will only upset you too much Remember Kazz's wise words to you and how much you gave Onyx in love and trust.
Hopefully you gave her enough confidence to find a warm home somewhere for the winter..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
12-03-2008, 10:04 PM   #3

Oh no, erase that thought please Eileen. Although it may be a possibility, so are the others.
I pray that where ever she has gone that she is pain free and loving life, be it on this plane or another.
So difficult when you just dont know.
If she has passed over Eileen, rest assured she will be waiting for you at the bridge.
Hugs xxxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
12-03-2008, 10:15 PM   #4

Eileen - please don't torture yourself. There are so many what if's and could be's. It may be that you will never know - keep a happy thought alive - as a tribute to Onyx.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
12-03-2008, 11:42 PM   #5

Oh Eileen, I wonder the same kind of things about Tabs as she went without a trace too.

As much a chance of the bad things you may be thinking there is equally a chance that she just felt it was time to move on. Onyx was a stray and as much as you loved her she obviously knew her own mind and maybe she just decided it was time to up and leave or as fickle as cats are, she might have found a tastier food bowl and it's hard for us but it's just their way sometimes because of their independent characters. I know you can't help thinking the worst and it takes some time to accept it as it is the wondering and not knowing which leaves you unable to settle.

Just keep an eye out Eileen, if there's anything good to come from not knowing, it is that even though you imagine all sorts, there is still just as much chance you could see or even hear about her again from someone else, so every time you find yourself imagining something bad, make a conscious effort to imagine a more positive scenario which might have happened to counteract the bad one. This helped with me and I was advised to do this by a psychology teacher so I hope it is of some help to you too.

All the best x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-03-2008, 11:48 PM   #6

That's sound advice dandysmom - she could just as easily be sitting somewhere warm and dry and have a comfortably full tummy and a safe feeling.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
12-03-2008, 11:50 PM   #7

Perhaps the other restaraunt didnt have another kitty to chase her away and so she, after all your encouragement and care, had the confidence to go right in and make herself at home

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
12-03-2008, 11:58 PM   #8

Think Elaine might well be right Eileen....She is probably sitting beside a roaring fire sound asleep...

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
13-03-2008, 12:06 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
Think Elaine might well be right Eileen....She is probably sitting beside a roaring fire sound asleep...
............... and dreaming of her first kind mom

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-03-2008, 02:16 AM   #10

Thanks, all.... it's hard not to be a bit depressed not knowing. I will try to think positive thoughts about my little black girl....