Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
07-07-2006, 10:45 AM   #1

7:7

2 mins of silence at noon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
07-07-2006, 10:47 AM   #2

Re: 7:7

I know it was dreadfull wasn,t it.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 5 x rescue cats
07-07-2006, 10:51 AM   #3

I work 10 minutes walk away from Tavistock Square where the bus blew up and come through Kings Cross every morning. I was on the tube before the one that blew up.

7 July last year was a very strange day. However, and I say this as someone who was there, we cannot let it get to us - or they have won.

There were a few more police this morning at Kings Cross. Otherwise, it was "business as usual". And for those of us who were lucky enough to escape the terrible events of last year and did not lose anyone they know, that is exactly how it should be.

Please don't wallow in feelings of trauma and upset - I don't mean this personally against anyone, it's a general "you" - if you weren't affected by bereavement, and especially if you weren't in London on that day, you have no right to get over-emotional.

Yes, we should absolutely pay our respects to those who suffered. But life does, and MUST go on.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
07-07-2006, 11:00 AM   #4

My next-door-neighbour was on the Edgeware Road train that blew up. She was fine thank God - apart from being covered in soot and muck and all her clothes smelling of smoke; but could so easily not have been

Will be taking a quite moment to remember those that weren't quite so lucky . . .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
07-07-2006, 11:39 AM   #5

Seems like yesterday that the terrible events were unfolding..such death and destruction, n for what?!?!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
07-07-2006, 12:04 PM   #6

It was horrendous!! My daughter, lives and works in London, that day, I didn't manage to speak to her till 3 hours after the bombing, to say I was worried is an understatement...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
07-07-2006, 12:14 PM   #7

Well I was thankful that my OH didn't work in London (he worked there for 10 years - prior to last year)

He is back working in London now, but he is of the same opinion as myself that you can't let these terrible acts stop you working/living/visiting London. I know I myself would work there.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Mogs/Siamese/Orientals
Tom is Male
08-07-2006, 07:26 PM   #8

I feel the same, although i am on a school trip to london on Wednesday and i have been worrying all weekend!!
T

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-07-2006, 09:13 PM   #9

My thoughts are with my UK friends today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
08-07-2006, 09:31 PM   #10

Please don't wallow in feelings of trauma and upset - I don't mean this personally against anyone, it's a general "you" - if you weren't affected by bereavement, and especially if you weren't in London on that day, you have no right to get over-emotional

I'm sorry LMC but who gave you the right to make such a statment? Possibly had you thought that there were people here not caught up in 9/11? and it brought it all back.
#I know I had family there.