Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
29-04-2008, 12:41 PM   #1

poorly Broxi

Good thoughts and wishes for my poor lad please. He was very upset last night and drooling at the mouth, so I thought he had hurt himself in someway. Left it to this morning to see how he was, no better. So off to the vets he went, to discover that he has burnt the roof of his mouth and his tongue, so he must be in so much pain Racking my brains to think what had caused it and the only thing we could think of was a paint tray that was lying in the bathroom that Robert had brought from a friends to clean. But all it had in it was water based emulsion and the vet didn't think that could possibly have caused the burns. And Broxi wouldn't have tried to drink out of it anyway, but after going up to his friends and speaking to the vet, we have found the problem. Apparently the friend had used an undercoat in the tray before the emulsion was put in , and the undercoat was solvent based!! So mixed with the water and emulsion it became dangerous, and the vet says Broxis tail is all clumped. So it looks like his tail dipped in the tray, he's tried to clean it off, and burnt his poor mouth.

He's been admitted and is on a drip, and being administered antibiotics and painkillers. If he isn't starting to eat or drink by tomorrow evening he will have to have a feeding tube fitted. I was in tears leaving my poor baby there. So lots of healing thoughts for him please, and be extra careful about chemicals. My OH is feeling so bad, as he wouldn't have left the tray soaking overnight in our bathroom if he had known it wasn't just emulsion, but he wasn't to know.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
29-04-2008, 12:43 PM   #2

Re: poorly Broxi

Oh Alex how awful,poor baby,healing vibes being from here and hugs to you and oh ((((hugs)))) xxxxxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
29-04-2008, 12:48 PM   #3

Poor Baby, healing vibes and Hugs coming your way....x

Catsey Veteran

29-04-2008, 01:18 PM   #4

They're going to be sick of me phoning. Phoned twice already to check on him!! he's quiet at the moment, not trying to get the drip out or anything and I've to call back after 4 to see if the painkillers have enabled him to eat anything

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
29-04-2008, 01:19 PM   #5

Poor baby,im sure he will be fine Alex,hes in the best place right now xxxx

Catsey Veteran

29-04-2008, 01:21 PM   #6

I know Erin, but I just can't help worrying about him. he was my 'first' of my 3, so he's my big boy but still my furbaby!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
29-04-2008, 01:44 PM   #7

Poor Broxi, he'll be well looked after at the vets, Alex ...(((hugs)))

Healing vibes being sent to him, I hope you will be able to have him home soon..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-04-2008, 01:56 PM   #8

Loads of healing vibes for poor Broxi and ***HUGS*** for you Alex. As the others have said, he is in the right place to get the best treatment and fingers crossed he will be able to come home to you soon. Merlin sends purrrrrrs.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
29-04-2008, 02:26 PM   #9

You are quite normal Alex, Leo has just gone in for a dental and I am up to high doh!!!Thats what makes us cat lovers....Hope he is allowed home soon...

Catsey Veteran

29-04-2008, 02:29 PM   #10

Thanks ladies, I appreciate it. I'll update as soon as I know more.