Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
12-05-2008, 09:41 PM   #1

cuddles/surgery today, update

well, i dropped off cuddles at eight thirty sharp. it's one thirty pm here now and i just called to get an update. they said they removed the tooth but they also had to end up doing a thyroidectemy. now i'm really worried. the receptionist said she thinks she's doing fine. when i initially dropped her off they said i could pick her up from three to five. .now the girl just said she "thinks" cuddles is okay..had a lot of "uhms" and "uh's" and said in a weird tone the doctor needs to talk to me and i should call back at three and we'll "see how it is then".
i'm really worried, you guys.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
12-05-2008, 09:47 PM   #2

Re: cuddles/surgery today, update

I am sure if there had been any problems Tink, they would have wanted to see you right away.....Sending bucket loads of good vibes for Cuddle, and a Big Hug for you....xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-05-2008, 09:52 PM   #3

If she had to also have the thyroidectomy they might want to keep her in overnight for observation...that's a bit more serious than an extraction, I believe. Fingers crossed that Cuddles will be OK, Tink...hang in there and do let us know....(((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
12-05-2008, 09:55 PM   #4

I would think that the nurse is not allowed to give you any information good or bad without the doctors say so and you caught her on the hop, either that or she doesn't know how Cuddles is doing or who Cuddles is and was trying to wing it. (If not then she shouldn't be in the job as she is worrying you unnecessarily).

I hope Cuddles is doing ok and the thyroidectomy may mean that the doc needs to discuss medication with you in more detail when you get there.

Everything is crossed here today for you

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
12-05-2008, 10:07 PM   #5

I hope Cuddles will be ok, Tink .........loads and loads of good vibes being sent to her and ((((hugs)))) to you ....xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
12-05-2008, 10:11 PM   #6

((hugs)) Tink, and hoping you get some news soon x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-05-2008, 10:31 PM   #7

****HUGS**** Tink and those vibes a-plenty for Cuddles. Sincerely hope all will be well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
12-05-2008, 10:41 PM   #8

All the best for cuddles Tink, i'm sure they would have said to come in right away if it was something very urgent, it will probably be about the thyroidectemy and explaining why they had to end up doing one. All the best. x

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
13-05-2008, 09:17 PM   #9

Tink, is there any news on Cuddles today?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
13-05-2008, 09:39 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Tink, is there any news on Cuddles today?
well, they kept her overnight and gave her iv fluids..my OH had to pick her up today because i had an important appointment..apparently they DID NOT do the thyroidectemy..the receptionist got it wrong..i am so irritated about that! they ended up removing TWO infected teeth and she has to be on meds the rest of her life..two pills a day for hyperthyroidism..
she's back to her normal self which i am so relieved about...still a little annoyed they worried me for no reason..oh well, at least she's okay which is what is important, right?