Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: domestic
20-09-2010, 07:16 PM   #1

Insurance for Oliver

I felt I had to think about getting Oliver insured. Hes doin ma head in!! He keeps climbing on to a very high (10ft +) fence, via our hollybush. Then starts jumping from garden shed to garden shed down the line of neighbours. I'm forever goin out to check where he is cos he never stays close by or at ground level. I feel he is still too young for antics like that! I saw that some of you recommended Buddies, so I got on the phone today and he is now covered. This will give you an idea what he is like: About a week after I got him, I was in the kitchen and I had the grill on. I looked down and he was on the floor. Took my eyes off him for a second and he disappeared, Yep! he went under the grill!! I panicked, switched it off and he jumped out, All I could smell was singed fur!!!! He was okay, but has no idea what "burny" is yet!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-09-2010, 08:13 PM   #2

Re: Insurance for Oliver

Sounds like a wise decision! Kittens do get into the weirdest places and have no fear; I guess the Great Cat must be looking after them

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-09-2010, 08:41 PM   #3

Good idea Netty. How old is Oliver now? I know you said he's had all his jabs. I didn't let Pip out until he was 6 months old, after he'd been neutered. He was a bit of a nightmare with getting stuck up trees, but he soon got the hang of climbing and got strong enough very quickly.

Catsey Senior

20-09-2010, 09:09 PM   #4

He is only 3 months old, but he was tearing the catflap to shreds trying to get out, so I let him. Now I cant get him to come in!! He was walking along the big high fence and fell off, landed in the neighbours behind us. I had to go down the street, round the corner, into their garden and retrieve him! Luckily their 2 big white alsatians were not out! He does seem to be getting the hang of climbing, cos when I go out looking for him, hes always in the hollybush. He likes his wee tree!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-09-2010, 09:40 PM   #5

That s a bit young to be running outside by himself, but as he's gotten a taste of outdoors it will be difficult to keep him inside, I think. Fingers rossed he'll stay safe till the colder weather makes him more inclined to be a house cat.

I shudder to think what would have happened had those two dogs been out!!!

Catsey Senior

20-09-2010, 10:06 PM   #6

I know he is a bit young, but I thought he would only potter about the garden. He has been ok up till now, (touch wood).