Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
21-07-2008, 07:45 AM   #1

Daily thread~ Monday

Hi there!
It's a great morning in S. Wales, shame I have to work today.
We've had some bad news about my mam, it seems she is too ill to undergo the promised angiogram so they are transferring her back to our local hospital from Cardiff as they need to stabilize her blood count first. This is very frustrating as for a whole week she was in hospital there waiting every day for a theatre slot to become available, only to be told at 5 to 5 on Friday afternoon ( dressed in gown and paper cap) pre-op, that a clinical decision had been made that the angiogram was not possible. She was so upset, her anxiety levels had been high before this now she came down to earth with a bump. I wa so angry at the way this was done. I can't argue against the clinical decision, but to have been building her hopes up like this and then squash them was cruel. And they could have made that decision a lot earlier!
Sorry, needed to vent!

Hope you all have a pleasant day... at least Summer is here again!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Siamese
21-07-2008, 08:18 AM   #2

Re: Daily thread~ Monday

Morning!

I'm sorry about your mum posh puss, we had that happen on 3 occasions with my mum...in Cardiff. I hope your mum is feeling better soon, sending healing thoughts to her.

Well the kittens found the litter tray which I am over the moon about, and they didn't run and hide from where they were sleeping this morning, but didn't move towards me either, so later, now I know they know where everything is, I will leave the door between the kitchen and the living room open when I am home - they're bound to be nosey and wander in!

Have a good day everyone - xx

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: B&W Semi-Long Hair Moggy
Darky is Male
21-07-2008, 08:24 AM   #3

Good morning!

My fiance is visiting today and we're going to go and see Wall-E because he's desperate to see it, and I need to buy some cat treats whilst I'm out. ;o

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
21-07-2008, 09:50 AM   #4

Sun's shining today which is about typical as I'm back in the office. Aching REALLY badly as I did an hour's 'body pump' class yesterday morning (weights to music) and obviously used muscles that had been dormant for years but apart from the aching I'm feeling great!!

My front garden path is being prepped today for being dug up (horrible concrete) and relayed with sandstone slabs and reclaimed brick edging. I'll try to remember some before and after pics

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
21-07-2008, 11:46 AM   #5

Morning all (just!),

lovely and sunny here today yay so the washing is out Not much else planned other than tidying up a bit.

Poshpuss - Sorry to hear about your mum That's awful for her.

Lorna - great news about the kittens They really will come around, letting them explore is a good idea and soon you will wonder where those timid little things went when you are peeling them off everything

Yola - Ouch!

Everyone else - have a great day!!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
21-07-2008, 11:55 AM   #6

A beautiful sunny day here, a good day for drying the washing!

Just the usual planned for today..

PoshPuss
~ sorry to hear your mam is too ill to undergo the angiogram, what a disappointment for you and your family. I do hope she'll be feeling better soon.

Have a good day everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-07-2008, 02:36 PM   #7

Afternoon everyone!

So sorry to hear about your mam PP. Do so hope she stabilises soon - what a worry for you and for her and all your family. Healing vibes being sent your way.

Yola - look forward to seeing before and after pictures of your path and sorry about the aching muscles. You'll be looking like a million $ soon (don't suppose you've got before and after pix of yourself????)

OH and I are having a major clean in our front room now the woodburning stove fitters have finished. For a chimney that was never used for open fires, there seems to be a thin black film over nearly everything. Just had a quick stop for lunch and I'll be back to it in a minute. Nearly finished!

Enjoy your day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-07-2008, 04:30 PM   #8

Afternoon, people! Another gorgeous day here, brilliant sun and already 29C, this is the 10tt day of temps in the low 30s; but we do need rain. None in sight ...did the market run as usual and picked ripe tomatoes; beans will be ready soon.

PP: sorry about your mam, how distressing for everyone...
Lorna: those kittens are coming along fine; they'll be into everything very soon
Yola: ouch!!
Angie: soot us a mess, isn't it?
Mags: any more furballs?

Enjoy the day!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
21-07-2008, 06:47 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom

Mags: any more furballs?

Enjoy the day!
She had just the one small one since I started giving her one Defurr-UM treat a day, Eileen. I think that by using the Furminator on her has also helped keep it under control too..