Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-09-2012, 11:48 AM   #1

Tuesday

Hi everyone - I do hope that all Catseyers are safe and dry? We had heavy rain Sunday and Monday morning, but we are lucky where we live and haven't been affected. I see on the News that flooding has been a problem in many areas of the country, so hope you are all OK.

OH has gone off to play golf, taking his waterproofs with him. It's gone rather dark here just now and Kizzy is wanting to come in the window, excuse me .............. she's now in and trundling around me on the desk. She's a wee bit damp around the dusters, but surprisingly although she's out in the heavy rain she comes in amazingly dry! Pip on the other hand nearly always has to have a rub over with the kitchen towels. Must now
submit this before Kizzy tampers with the post ......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
25-09-2012, 12:31 PM   #2

Re: Tuesday

It's not been a bad morning here, pretty breezy but dry. OH is off to his art group this afternoon, taking my car as his is getting its annual service today. I might make some more jam, I've done 17lbs of blackberry and apple and 7lbs of marrow and ginger so far. I wish i had a big garden then i could grow the stuff I need instead of having to buy it in as it makes homemade jam rather expensive and I'm sure that's not the way it's supposed to be but making it is fun. Years ago we had 2 old plum trees but they got poorly and had to be destroyed. We also used to get bags and bags of free cooking apples from the couple across the road but they sold most of their garden to developers and then moved, all the apple trees were cut down

I might just spend the afternoon knitting while the place is quiet so that I don't have to keep saying "Shh! I'm counting"

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggy's
25-09-2012, 04:03 PM   #3

Afternoon all! Bit soggy here in Bournemouth, but not too bad!

That's alot of jam MrsH, what are you going to do with it all?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
25-09-2012, 04:17 PM   #4

afternoon all.
Rain, rain and more rain here, it hasn't stopped since yesterday.
On the way to work today there was lots of floods and last night the next door neighbours garden was flooded with the brook. I took Malaika to the park to play in the ginormous puddles.
Been busy this afternoon, changing the bed and washing towels.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
25-09-2012, 05:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerMoon
Afternoon all! Bit soggy here in Bournemouth, but not too bad!

That's alot of jam MrsH, what are you going to do with it all?
Eat it all! The aim is to make enough to last us a year or two and to have some spare for our grown-up kids to pinch when they're here.

Apple jam up next and pumpkin later on!