Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
28-09-2012, 08:35 PM   #1

It's me again!!

Hello Catsey people,

Some will know me, some wont.. havent been around for a while... life is hectic these days!!

Finally moved into the new house and it is more or less looking reasonable! Not falling over boxes anymore so that is a good sign. It is a lovely house and we are enjoying making it our own. The OH has been busy building a summerhouse and aviary for the bunnies and rearranging the whole garden to make it maintenance free!

Chloe and Misty are again all confused and scared. They are hiding wherever they can and only come out for food and the litter tray. I am getting more Feliways in the post tomorrow so hopefully that will help.

You might remember I was made redundant in April after 13 years in my old job? Well I have now resigned from the new job I had and start another job on 24th October! I hate my current job with a passion. Nothing to do all day and not nice people to work with either.

Well thats a bit of a catch up... now off to read a lot of posts since my last visit!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
28-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #2

Re: It's me again!!

Hello Donna, it's good to see you here again.

You sound well settled in your new home and it's good to hear you're keeping your OH busy.

What a shame that Chloe and Misty are still feeling unsettled - are they tolerant of their 'new brother' yet? I hope the Feliways will help them and they start to enjoy their new home with you soon.

I don't blame you for leaving your job, it's no fun if you aren't happy there.
Good luck with the new one next month!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #3

Hi Donna - good to see you again!

Sounds as if you've been really busy and I'm glad to hear that you are settling. Hope your cats do come out from their hiding places soon and start settling too. I remember when we moved to our current home umpty-ump years ago Merlin and Smudge managed to squeeze themselves under a chest of drawers and like your Chloe and Misty only came out for necessities. I knew that they would love their new home (garden etc.) once they got used to it though and they did. Just takes a bit of time.

Glad you've been able to find another job and hope that it turns out to be better than your last one. It's horrid to be miserable at work.

Hope to hear from you again soon!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
01-10-2012, 09:08 AM   #4

Thanks for the catch up . . . happy to read that the good stuff is far outweighing the bad. A cr@p job is usually manageable but when you get people that are a bit off that really makes it unbearable. But if you have love and support at home it does go a long way towards making everything so much better overall.

Sorry about the kits . . . I do hope time will help them come to terms with their new home and settle down. I think it's just one of those 'will take time' things.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
01-10-2012, 11:10 AM   #5

Nice to see a catch up from you Donna

Things are sounding quite positive, and good to hear you and OH are settling in to the new place. I'm sure the girls will come round soon, just takes a bit of adjustment.

Fingers crossed this new job turns out better than the last one!