Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
02-07-2011, 08:44 AM   #1

Strawberry saturday

Good morning everyone

I was up earky this morn, OH still asleep so gotmy dishes done, washing out and another in the machine Beautiful sunny day here. Shame im going to be spending part of it in the hairdressers

Not sure what we are doing today after i get my hair done, maybe a drive somewhere nice

Hope you all have a good day, im away to make OH some breakfast in bed to treat him

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-07-2011, 10:56 AM   #2

Re: Strawberry saturday

Morning Pamela!

Glorious day here to so far - I have to stay in yet again today as I am still awaiting the parcel delivery but OH has just taken Monty out for a walk up to the forest where he can have a run about.

Bit worried as Pipster hasn't shown up for his breakfast. Last seen, or rather felt by OH around dawn as OH's toes got "Pipped", so he hasn't really been gone all that long. I've been around the garden calling his name and shaking the Dreamie packet - usually he'll come running if he's within hearing. Will try again later.

I hope Eileen's move went well yesterday and that she's having some time relaxing in between getting her new apartment sorted to her liking.

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
02-07-2011, 11:46 AM   #3

Hey both. Hope you both have a good day, despite the having to stay in thing.

Hope Pip turns up soon Angie. And that you don't get over hot in the hairdressers Pamela.

I'm having another quiet day here - finally got the lounge floor hoovered - it was a bit manky seeing it had been months since the place was tidy enough for me to do so.

I also managed to burn myself with hot fat this morning - ouch! Hopign that I've finally managed to make sure it's not going to get any bigger now. wasn't convinced i had for a long time!!!

I think Cloud can tell the difference when Mum's off and has energy thoguh - I had her racing up and down stairs after a bouncy ball a lot of yest. Then had to laugh as she rolled it to me come 10:30pm! I gave her a quick burst then, but was starting to need bed by that point in time.

BTW - am taking it that her having a bit of a saggy belly isn't a bad thing? Started noticing it after she had her spay - mostly just in a swollen nipple, which I kept my eye on. Recently I've realised that part of her tummy was hanging down. Hard to see in her, cause she's so fluffy, but someone mentioned it's possibly one of the first signs of getting overweight?

Thoughts with Eileen with the move - hoping that she'll be back online and with us again very soon.

Catsey Veteran

02-07-2011, 11:55 AM   #4

Update: Pip is now safely home!

Catsey Veteran

02-07-2011, 11:57 AM   #5

Squirrel - the saggy belly syndrome is associated with the spay or neuter and not necessarily a sign of overweight. Not actually sure why it happens, but it is very common.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
02-07-2011, 12:02 PM   #6

OK, thanks Angie. Glad to hear that Pip is home safe.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
02-07-2011, 01:31 PM   #7

OH has been up the ladders pruning the conifers today, we would never have planted them but they were already in when we moved here 30 years ago and disguise next door's gable end somewhat. There are only 2 of them and we keep them (blooming leylandii ) to about 15feet tall.

Having had my nails denuded yesterday I'm not surprised to find that by lunchtime today 3 of them are sporting splits even though the manicurist trimmed them shorter than usual to try to protect them a bit, I've now got sticking plasters on them

Squirrel - Molly has a huge saggy belly and she's not overweight at all, just the result of spaying I'm afraid.

Hope today is good for everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
02-07-2011, 01:48 PM   #8

Good afternoon ladies! ( and gents, if ya looking in )

Well, had a wasted journey to Currys at the retail park, 10 miles from here, for ink cartridges. Took the wrong bit of the packet from the last lot I put in, the numbers didn't make sense and they couldn't find my receipt on the computer to check the model number etc. Found out all the relevant info when I got home but not going back again coz parking is hard and I need to work here this afternoon, after my lunch.

Hope you hairdressing appt went well Pamela, wonder where Pip got to, Angie? Mrs H, I have been without my acrylics now for a few months but my nails have only just got stronger. I suffer with splits as my nails are soft at the best of times and prone to water damage. I feel for Moli and Cloud, can I put my saggy belly down to hormone depletion?

Strawberry ice-cream, yep that'll do nicely

Catsey Veteran

02-07-2011, 02:16 PM   #9

Regarding nails - mine have become striated and brittle over the last 2/3 years and my hair has suffered too. I have had thyroid test which was normal. Can I recommend this product to those who suffer?

http://www.healthspan.co.uk/wellbein...317-c3171.aspx

I have only been taking them just over a month now and so it's early to say I think they are helping, but my chiropodist, who trained as a nurse in "the old days" and is a lady whose common sense I value said that vitamin B combination is excellent for keeping nerves healthy and that also includes capillary circulation. Not expensive either!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
02-07-2011, 03:37 PM   #10

Afternoon all very restful day here got a new garden chair "lounger" to give it a posh title - very comfy. Only issue is as I recline back Sal tried to jump on therefore unbalancing me..............that dog is spoilt.
Got a bit of a headache/toothache/ear ache not sure what but very annoying and it is painful.......Yes I am saying painful.........so accordng to family and frieds it must be severe as I never say anything hurts normaly.

Pamela I would have taken brekkie in bed.
Mrs H I wonder if the nails are due to your gall bladder issues (and change of diet to suit) but I have been told not sure how right this is that false nails make your own weaker???????????
Angie sound like a nice day your OH is sure getting some excercise havig a dog is he feeling the benefits?
Squirrel - how odd people put it down to spaying I put the saggy belly of my two down to getting older.
PP......... I HATE THAT.......journey out to find you have the wrong or no info...........and worse when its your own fault and no one to blame.............

So pleased Eileen's move has gone well. See you later people.