Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-12-2011, 04:04 PM   #1

Quieter Friday?

Well, it's peaceful here now after a bit of a howler last night. This morning was bright and sunny and cold and it's getting colder now, minus figures forecast for tonight.

I've been to the dentist for a check up this morning and apart from a rather insecure front bottom tooth all is well. The dentist is not sure how the tooth is still there and asked me whether I preferred a planned extraction with impression and a plate (yuk!) or to leave things to fate. After asking him which is the least painful option, I've decided to leave it as he said that it's not got much holding it up and probably won't hurt much when it goes on it's own. Can't afford the cost of the plate just now, even NHS.

Bought some more Christmas cards, so must get on with that now.

Hope all Scottish members are safe and sound and have a quieter day too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
09-12-2011, 04:19 PM   #2

Re: Quieter Friday?

Hi Angie...

Sorry to hear about your tooth... Good to know you don't have to deal with extraction etc.

Quiet day here in all senses I'd say. Pretty still out - if it wasn't that we'd had it before, I'd be wondering if it was 'quiet before the storm' in some ways. Also having a 'down day' - still in my jama's even, though I made some of my usual lentil style soup, and have some other 'throw it all in a pot and heat' food to make soon too...

Hope everyone else is alright, and that days go well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-12-2011, 04:35 PM   #3

Hi Angie, Squirrel, those to follow, glad it's quieted down a bit; that weather was awful; it made our 11 PM news..scary pics! Hope our Scottish members who didn't check in are all right; Moli's in Aberdeenshire and that was featured in the story.

Quiet and sunny here, not quite as chilly as yesterday; a little after 10:30 AM and 6℃ (42℉). All's quiet as usual, down for mail and grass and making out the weekly menu: not sure what to have tonight. Soup sounds good Squirrel, I may go for that. Angie, as I think you know I'm horribly dentist=-phobic and have lost teeth. It shouldn't hurt at all, it will get looser and looser, wiggle a lot and then one night when you're eating dinner it will just come out; completely painless, no blood. Believe me, I know, "been there, done that"!

Take care, stay warm and dry.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
09-12-2011, 05:01 PM   #4

hmmm - sounds just like loosing baby teeth then Eileen. Except, without the young child excitement at tooth fairy etc of course!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
09-12-2011, 05:21 PM   #5

hello Angie, Katy, Eileen and all to follow.
I thought of the tooth fairy as well with all this talk of loose teeth.
Howard has a loose one at the bottom too , Angie and eventualy it did come out with a bit of wobbling.
Eileen, i too am terribly afraid of the dentist, i do go every 6 months but it fills me with dread.
Talking of dread, i have the works do tonight
Had a realy lovely time last night with my cousins, it was a 3 course meal for only £11.50, i had jacket potato and cheese soup to start, Leek, cheese and cranberry tart with veg and chocolate mint ice cream cake to finish.

Catsey Veteran

09-12-2011, 05:56 PM   #6

But Shelley, at least you do go! I haven't been since the teenage trauma that terrified me to the point of never again!

Hmmm ... I must e-mail the tooth fairy; she has neglected me!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-12-2011, 06:13 PM   #7

I don't like going to the dentist - and I have to say that's not the fault of the majority of dentists I've been to either now or in the past. I had horrid teeth, so had all the trauma of extractions and braces etc. as a teenager in the 60's well before the coming of those little perspex ones, I had the metal ones cemented on and looked rather like Jaws from James Bond at one time. I do go every 6 months though and consider that in doing that, I am proving myself to be a brave person! I'm definitely going to hold out for the tooth fairy though this time ...... thanks for the reassurance about when it comes out Eileen!

Catsey Veteran

09-12-2011, 06:54 PM   #8

You'll be amazed how easy and painless it is. I was scared before the first one, then never worried again.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
09-12-2011, 07:03 PM   #9

Eileen,
i think the tooth fairy should backdate your cash
Angie, i too had a metal brace when i was 15, it was mortifying at that age and also very painful when i had it tightened.
I also had to have a root canal filling done at 16 and i can still remember the experience well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
09-12-2011, 08:29 PM   #10

talking of dentists! i was there today aswell! noticed on monday that part of of filling was just about ready for coming out so thought it was best to have it seen now. had to wait half an hour past my app for him to poke it, xray and tell me i needed to make an app for a filling. really? i could have told him that. the dentist doesnt bother me, i've been so many times now. i have soft teeth so im used to jags, fillings and root canals. like a pro. actually paying the bill bothers me...

much much calmer here today, chilly and slightly icy outside today.