Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
14-12-2011, 10:11 AM   #1

Peace at last Wednesday...

Although we didn't talk about it much, yesterday the wind and the sleet was pretty well as bad as it was last Thurs in the end... At least one bridge was closed that I know about by 5pm, and when I awoke 4am-ish the wind was howling...

Compared with that, even the bit breeze we've got starting now is pretty peaceful, though when I first got up it was totally still!

Over here? I'm revelling in a day off, and Cloud is avidly watching the gulls as they soar in the sky.

Here's hoping Catsey'ers have a good day, wherever and whatever they're doing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
14-12-2011, 11:24 AM   #2

Re: Peace at last Wednesday...

Morning all! Am at home this week as boys have broken up for Christmas but no holidays clubs available until next week so no choice but a week off. Today we're going to get Dominik's glasses fixed as the nose pad has fallen off and then we're off for some bowling with Sebi and his fellow 5 year olds. Need to run by the car wash as car is caked in mud due to extremely rural school runs.

Have a heap of ironing to do so that'll probably be a job for when we get back this afternoon and then piano practice for Domi (he's working towards his Grade 1 so needs to know the pieces inside out) and some reading practice for Sebi.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-12-2011, 01:32 PM   #3

Hi Squirrel, Yola - it's a bright day here atm and chilly. Yes, Squirrel we did have some gales the night before last - our side boundary fence is again supported by orange nylon rope!

I have suddenly been inundated with work, so not actually sure how I'm going to fit everything else in (like card writing) - just depends how fast my fingers can work!

OH is making cinnamon twists for the dog training party this evening - YUM! He's also going to try some palmiers, double YUM YUM! Needless to say, these treats are for the doggie people, and not the doggies themselves, who will get lots of dog treats I dare say.

Have a good day folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
14-12-2011, 02:22 PM   #4

hello Katy, Yola and Angie and of course all to follow.
Ok Angie you got me, what are palmiers ?
Lucky you having a dog party, Malaika and Kwame are well jel
Yola your day sounds busy, i loved it when the boys were little though, we had fun. Sounds like Domi is doing well with the piano.
Katy , hope you enjoy your day off.
Been a river walk, Kwame has taken the skin of his sore foot again, it's the first walk he's had offlead since he did the injury, it is healing but is still quite tender.
Going to do some ironong, then off to see a friend....

Catsey Veteran

14-12-2011, 02:57 PM   #5

Here you go Shelley - just a bit different to mince pies and delicious. Of course, you don't have to put mincemeat in them either! I quite fancy lemon curd!

http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/...party-palmiers

Catsey Veteran

14-12-2011, 03:07 PM   #6

thanks Angie, they look a bit like danish pastries, delicious

Catsey Veteran

14-12-2011, 03:29 PM   #7

Dead easy Shelley - we use the frozen ready made puff pastry.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-12-2011, 04:32 PM   #8

Hi all! It was sunny earlier, but the clouds have rolled in and will stay around all day, but at least it's milder: a bit after 10:30 AM and up to 9℃ (47℉) which is nice. Warmer in Winter is always nice! I got an e-mail of approval from the insurance people for Leia's last vet visit with the promise of a check on the way; and, when idly browsing FAQs on the site discovered that her meds are covered! Woo hoo! So another claim form going in; that was a pleasant surprise!

Glad it's quieted down at last for you, Squirrel; Yola, good to hear from you and glad you're enjoying a break with the boys; hard to believe Sebi is 5! Angie, those treats sound very tasty! Shelley, sorry Kwame's foot is poorly again, more skin off! You and Yola ironing .... ugh! If it needs ironing I don't buy it, LOL!

Stay warm, take care!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
14-12-2011, 07:31 PM   #9

Hi everyone, don't like the sound of the ironing pile! Glad the wind has dropped, I'm down in Bristol at the moment and the weather is grim!

I find the view from my hotel window a bit scary!

Catsey Veteran

14-12-2011, 07:37 PM   #10

CS i see what you mean, it's a bit like the stay puffed man from ghostbusters,lol