Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
18-12-2011, 09:32 AM   #1

Sunday morning

Well this is the big week people.....Christmas.

Been up a while and takne Sal out in the frost its lovely although a little bit chilly. I always wonder about the people who walk their dogs in the heat of the day when dogs prefer the cool.

Anyhow fetched the Sunday papers and sat down to a lovely cup of coffee, bacon and egg sarnie with brown sauce.

So Christmas tree prep today spent yetserday trawling the shops realy enjoyed it but came back with little.

Need to do a weekly shop, get the car serviced, some more presents to pick up, and then get some Christmas pressies.

Elaine sorry to hear about the heating mine packed up last week and a part had to come down from Scotland.

Everyone have a good Sunday.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
18-12-2011, 10:31 AM   #2

Re: Sunday morning

Hello all!

You're right, the countdown has really started now Kazz. Hope that your Christmas tree stuff goes well.

Yesterday I went with parents to see my brother, and he was delegated the job of picking up stuff for Christmas Day meal. Though it was really only the turkey he needs to get by the time we went through what we have, and that parents plan on picking up the Veg from farm shop during the week! We also talked a little about what to have for my b-day, which is right next to Christmas itself - have decided for a change to have something which isn't Chicken based. We've had that in one form or another for many years running, but when you have turkey on Christmas day... Shall see what can be found at a good price.

When we got back to parents we put the tree up - or Mum and I did, after Dad rootled around in the loft for it - Dad needed to cook some food for us all, so I could eat before heading home.

Today is quieter - with my planning on going to a Christmas concert a friend is involved with in the early afternoon, but not much else planned...

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

18-12-2011, 10:35 AM   #3

That sounds like a lovely weekend Squirrel.....are you planning something totaly out of the ordinary for your meal like Buffalo or Kangaroo or something more traditional like Beef/Pork. Or will it be the meal itself rather than the content that will be different...curry etc. Whatever it is sure it wil be lovely.

I am off out for the works Christmas do tonight, roast pork and the full works today, last full dinner before Christmas.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
18-12-2011, 11:01 AM   #4

Food wise... Well, Turkey on Christmas day as pretty well usual. But last year my Dad came across whole Salmon going for give away price in the supermarket and then made the mistake of not buying it. So I simply said that if he found something similar this year, maybe we could do that for my b-day.

And it is turning out to be a lovely weekend thanks. had been planning on a quieter weekend, but I'd normally go to parents for a little on a Monday evening, not see a lot of them, and then head home again. So I got to spend a bit more time with them, and I'll see them for a proper length of time come the end of the week...

Mum was panicking a little - says she's happy to have Cloud, but then asked me to bring her cage... which she's not been in since Jan, cause she can escape from it, and she's way too big for it anyway. So cage no longer exists... "but how do we keep her from getting places we don't want her to if we're out?" she asks me? "by closing the door!" is my resp. Oh dear! This could be interesting!!!

Give Mum a few years and she'll get used to it all no doubt, but honestly!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-12-2011, 02:52 PM   #5

Afternoon all! Very frosty start this morning but bright and not too windy, so OH, Monty and I went down to West Wittering beach again which was lovely if rather cold. First time on this year for my thermal long-johns! Monty went in the sea a couple of times, which must have been very cold but he seems to enjoy it, there were Labradors rushing in and out of the water as you would expect. Met loads of nice dogs for Monty to play with, a young Fox Terrier caught my eye, they played very nicely together and were well matched.

Well, I am having a day off work today, but have been promised another big report to do tomorrow ..... it's fairly typical of my work unfortunately. Either there is none or too much!

Have bought the potatoes and goose fat - that's as far as we've got with our Christmas food shopping. I might try popping up to the Country Park to see if they have any venison ...... maybe for one day over Christmas, a nice casserole.

Have a good day folks .... good to hear your plans are progressing.

Just btw Kazz - HOW MANY Christmas meals have you had so far this year???? So glad that you enjoy them so much!

Catsey Veteran

18-12-2011, 03:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Afternoon all! Very frosty start this morning but bright and not too windy, so OH, Monty and I went down to West Wittering beach again which was lovely if rather cold. First time on this year for my thermal long-johns! Monty went in the sea a couple of times, which must have been very cold but he seems to enjoy it, there were Labradors rushing in and out of the water as you would expect. Met loads of nice dogs for Monty to play with, a young Fox Terrier caught my eye, they played very nicely together and were well matched.

Well, I am having a day off work today, but have been promised another big report to do tomorrow ..... it's fairly typical of my work unfortunately. Either there is none or too much!

Have bought the potatoes and goose fat - that's as far as we've got with our Christmas food shopping. I might try popping up to the Country Park to see if they have any venison ...... maybe for one day over Christmas, a nice casserole.

Have a good day folks .... good to hear your plans are progressing.

Just btw Kazz - HOW MANY Christmas meals have you had so far this year???? So glad that you enjoy them so much!
Not so much the meals but the going out with friends that I enjoy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-12-2011, 03:16 PM   #7

of course ...... so, how many outings with friends???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
18-12-2011, 03:46 PM   #8

A busy weekend as son and DIL have been over from London as they're not with us on Christmas Day, we'll be seeing them Boxing Day though. We got the tree in and have done the marzipan on the cake as well as some other bits and pieces. They've left now to visit some friends before going back home but daughter and her chap are still here so we're fighting over the right to do the Sunday Times crossword, it's a really big one this weekend.

I've just noticed that there are still loads of berries on the holly, a sign of how mild the Autumn was, there aren't usually any left at all by Christmas. There's a thrush out there gobbling up the berries right now, but then it was a hard frost last night and probably another one tonight.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-12-2011, 04:43 PM   #9

Hi, all. Cloudy and chilly now, nearing 10:45 AM, 1℃ (34℉), but supposed to get sunny by afternoon and warm up to the med teens by mid week, nice! A mild green Christmas suits me just fine. All's quiet here, just down for mail, more Xmas cards, and out for grass.

MrsH, interesting observation about the holly berries; I wonder how mine is? Squirrel, if the salmon's not available, how about a real birthday splurge with lobster? Dogs are weird, imagine going in the icy water, Angie; how do they stand it? Had to grin at first thermals, I'm a real wimp and have mine on for ages! Kazz, busy day for you as usual, enjoy that pork dinner!

Hope it continues pleasant for all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
18-12-2011, 07:31 PM   #10

evening all. its like an ice rink outside my house! not too cold but think it will be later

went into ayr today to get my christmas shopping, and was pleasantly surprised to get it all done!! OH needs to go get something for his dad, it was out of stock and im just gonna get a few wee bits and bobs for a couple of the girls at work.

got the dentist tomorrow morning to fix my filling and then back into ayr to get the rest of xmas stuff and to meet a friend