Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
19-12-2011, 10:17 AM   #1

Marvellous Monday

Morning all.

Been up a while and no frost this morning either. Had a lovely night out last night works Christmas do.
Off into Birmingham city centre today Christmas shopping and guess what meeting up with a friend........ ....Yes another meet up Angie. I have lost count too.

Still got to do a bit of food shopping but no major rush in that.

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
19-12-2011, 11:52 AM   #2

Re: Marvellous Monday

Morning Kazz!
We decorated the tree yesterday evening and of course half the lights don't work what's most annoying is that this set of lights is only 3 years old. They're LED and you can't remove or test individual bulbs so we're just about to pop out to the garden centre to see if they have started their sales yet and if so we can pick up a set quite cheaply for next year, or we could just wait until after Christmas I suppose.

I think the last of the Amazon deliveries came today I'll have to check out my shopping list to be sure though!

Lots of pottering around to do, a bit of laundry, a bit of baking, a bit of window cleaning............have a nice day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-12-2011, 12:51 PM   #3

Hi Kazz, MrsH! Frosty start again here. MrsH - you are lucky to have hung on to your holly berries, ours have all gone but of course I don't resent the birds having something to eat. I have just re-started putting out nuts and fat blocks for the birds after a rather long lapse - the price of wild bird food even online is getting more and more expensive.

OH is out with Monty and I am doing laundry and cleaning. Was expecting a report to transcribe but as it's not arrived yet, I am making the most of the time.

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-12-2011, 04:33 PM   #4

Hi all.Brilliant sunshine here, a bit after 10:30 AM and still quite chilly: 2℃ (37℉). but a nice warm-up predicted by afternoon, about 11 or 12℃. Suits me! No news, just down for grass and then to the greenhouse to check on my new Christmas amaryllis ... leaves about 2" high now, no sign of the buds, but it's early times. We have picked up one whole minute of evening light today.... sun sets at 4:48 instead of 4:47, woo hoo!

Kazz, nice that you're seeing so many friends. Angie, that's one thing I miss: feeding the birds. MrsH, a nuisance about the lights, isn't it ... good hunting for a bargain set!

Take care, all, stay warm and dry.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
19-12-2011, 05:05 PM   #5

Hi all...

Weird start to the day here this morning. Raining, and I guess not as cold as it could be, but still plenty of ice underfoot. It got cold enough as we waited 20 mins for a bus - which didn't turn up so we caught another one... Since then, it's been a bit of a get warmer, get colder kind of a day...

Have a good day all!

Catsey Veteran

19-12-2011, 06:14 PM   #6

Update - I've had an exciting day - nearly had a shrew up my trouser leg, it got as far as my ankle before I felt it and did a jig to dislodge it - this with a cat and a dog and a husband looking on and yes, they were all laughing! I am not afraid of rodents but I've not had one at the top of my sock before now .......... think there may be a dead vole around too, I saw it, when presumably freshly killed but haven't seen it since so either it's under a piece of furniture or it's inside a cat, but I don't know which.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-12-2011, 06:52 PM   #7

Oh dear, I shouldn't laugh either, but the mental picture you called up .......

Catsey Veteran

19-12-2011, 06:54 PM   #8

Well, I don't mind - I wasn't bitten! What amazes me is where are all these small rodents coming from? Pip and Kizzy don't seem to have any trouble finding them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
19-12-2011, 07:08 PM   #9

I think it might be the cold weather Angie and the small creatures are looking for somewhere warm hence your ankle.................Seriously

Mrs H I am awaiting one parcel still but everything else here. I am getting into online shopping.

Saying that I was in B'ham city centre today and there was actually a queue to queue for the escalator. Got what I wanted and met a friend for lunch and were entertained by a Salvation Army band nearby. Very nice.

Squirrel I empathise with the bus situation I went into town on the bus save the parking charge and was freezing.....glad I don't have to use them daily.

Anyhow home now but out tomorrow evening, then out again Thursday and late lunch/early dinner Friday.

Opps tree is up so will post some pictures.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
19-12-2011, 09:42 PM   #10

Ooh-er Angie what an adventure with your shrew

Had a bit of a mini disaster here, the darn tree fell over! quite a few really pretty ornaments broken and needles all over the place. The dog got hastily thrown into his crate out of harm's way and we've spent a happy hour mopping up water, hoovering up needles and making sure all the bits of glass are cleared up. I blame OH of course, the tree obviously wasn't properly secured in the stand,but he got an almighty shock as the tree just missed him by inches

It looks a little bit barer now but it's not too bad. No real harm done.

The garden centre staff seemed a bit dopey today, nothing has been reduced yet but they have loads of lights still in stock so we could have bought them at normal price. Me, I wanted to wait till the sales as we're not going to re-do the tree lights this year so I'll wait for a bargain but nobody could tell me when their sale is starting! You'd think they'd know that wouldn't you?