Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-12-2011, 03:31 PM   #1

Tinselled-up Tuesday

Afternoon everyone - you all must be SO BUSY! However so far my promised work hasn't arrived, it's bound to be a last minute rush - I remember it well when I went out to work so why I every thought it might be different when I worked for myself I'll never know.

It's a bit damp and a bit overcast and a wee bit chilly today - the sort of day when it's nothing in particular.

I've managed more laundry and more housework and OH is out playing golf. Keep remembering things to put on the grocery order and forget if I don't write it down ..... must remember to do that!!!

Have a good day peeps.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-12-2011, 04:41 PM   #2

Re: Tinselled-up Tuesday

Hi Angie, those to follow! It's still mid morning here and I'm about on time with my daily check-in and weather report! Cloudy and unseasonably mild, 20 degrees warmer than yesterday at this time: nearing 10:45 AM and already 11℃ (51℉). I'm not complaining, didn't wear a jacket when I was out to pick grass. Had some sad news, call from an old friend and she has breast cancer, had a double mastectomy and is on chemo. Bad news, but she is a strong woman with a positive attitude, which I'm convinced helps.

Angie, hope the work comes today so you can get it out of the way before the big day. I keep a running list on my computer grocery order; it holds everything as you enter it. I have one coming Saturday.

Hope it's a good day for all...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
20-12-2011, 04:58 PM   #3

Afternoon all.

Yes Angie busy may be an understatement. Although I seem to get nothing done but a lot of movement as well as queuing is involved at this time of year. And I agree about the lists never used to do them but now find I "need" to do them.

Eileen I like your "held" grocery list although if I order on line it does recall your items. But rarely shop oline now that was a luxury when I was unale to carry last year.

Eileen sad news about your friend. But as we know strength of character and resolve do wonders. You loitering around outside your building collecting grass always makes me smile.

Anyhow Mom and Dad are off to the Christmas Singalong concert at Symphony hall tonight.

Speak to you all later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-12-2011, 05:07 PM   #4

Kazz, both of my supermarkets hold your purchases both by complete list or by last order; makes reordering a breeze.

I was thinking of you when I typed that about confidence and positive attitude, as I'm sure you knew.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
20-12-2011, 05:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Kazz, both of my supermarkets hold your purchases both by complete list or by last order; makes reordering a breeze.

I was thinking of you when I typed that about confidence and positive attitude, as I'm sure you knew.
I did not think of me actually I was thinking of you.

Maybe we should just agree "it takes one to know one"

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
20-12-2011, 06:25 PM   #6

Sad news about your friend DM, I'm also sure a positive attitude helps enormously.

This morning I was in town at the hairdresser's which was surprisingly quiet, afterwards I went to the supermarket for a few bits and pieces (needed marshmallows for my rocky road ) the supermarket was also quiet. So was the High Street, then to the Post Office where there was no queue Now, fair enough I'm not talking about a metropolis here, it's just a small, provincial town, but where was everyone? What was really odd was that when I got back to the car park, practically every space was taken! Goodness knows where all these shoppers were hanging out but then I didn't check out Starbucks

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
20-12-2011, 06:46 PM   #7

Hey all... Just buzzing in quickly here... Not home long, and just agreed to go out for the evening - thought it was Thursday was being invited for, but soon found out different. Oh well then!!!

Sorry to hear about your friend Eileen - I definitely agree with you attitude wise. I've a friend of about my age whose had cancer for years in different places - was told about 3 years ago she had less than 6 months to live, and is still going strong. Every year she has to fight harder though... She amazes me whenever I think about all she has come through. And the spirit she has with it - she's recently been signed off work for the Cancer itself, a first for her, and she's doing all she can to get back to work again. And acknowledging that it may not come to it, but planning for other types of work if it just isn't possible... I'm convinced that having work to do is one of the things which keeps her going...