Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
02-05-2007, 08:44 PM   #1

I've calmed down now

Well I have calmed down sufficently to post this so here goes people.

Monday I was on a course for work and when it finished earlier that expected I made my way home but due to a bump on the motorway I pulled into a park and ate a sarnie I'd brought from subway.
enjoy the sun

While I was there in the carpark sunroof open;
I was half watching the dog walkers, bike riders etc and then an estate car pulled up and I took no notice but two large and I mean large GSD's and a Lab (I think) appeared they immediately set about a Border Collie who was pottering around before the owner of said BC could do anything the scuffle/fight was over and they proceded to attack as a group a Staffie a youngster on a lead his lady owner could do nothing but watch - she tried shouting but nothing stopped them a bike rider a chap jumped off his bike and used that as a barrier to get the dogs off the young Staff was petrified, as was his owner I think.

No owner of the loose dogs was in sight. The BC owner a youngish chap had put his dog in the car and was assisting the lady with the Staff as was the chap with the bike when the dogs came back but backed off barking as the two men shouted and waved the bike lead at them.

I got out my car to offer sancutary to the lady and Staff, when all hell broke loose to my right - one of the GSD's had hold of a lovely elderly black lab, the other two dogs were no where to be seen the couple with the Lab had a toddler with them I assume from their age (60's/70's) a grandchild the woman started to move away with the toddler in her arms leaving his little trike thing the chap was trying to defend his dog but the poor Lab was petrified then the other two appeared back on the scene the poor Lab was trying to crawl into the owners arms/feet for protection and the chap tripped with the lead wrapped round his feet.

I ushed the woman with the Staff to my car and the two chaps with bike ran over to assist the bloke with the Lab. The chap who owned the BC got a good kick in to the one GSD. They were using the bike to keep the dogs at bay while trying to help the chap up.

Then it seemed to be all of a sudden the three dogs loosed the Lab and ran off the estate boot opened and they jumped in and a woman driving sped off. Luckily a lady in the children play area had the good sense to take a picture of the car and numberplate and the dogs getting back in on her car phone.

The Staff has three bad bites, one to front shoulder; one to side of neck almost ear and one to his ear. He is 11 months old his owner said a lovely red pied. His owner the lady was in tears when I left still shaking and crying.

The Border Collie had a nasty bite to his ear he was covered in blood but his coat I think saved him, that plus the fact he seemed to be as fit as a butchers dog. His owner also had a bite to his hand from which scuffle don't know.

The Lab who was called Lucy was petrified beyond belief and was an older dog you could see the grey on her muzzle, she was shaking she has a bite to her shoulder/neck and one to her cheek by her eye she was lucky. The chap who was in his 70's I'd say had cut his knee and a tear in his trousers where he'd fell over and I think he'd hurt his arm/shoulder more than he was saying. His wife like the lady with the Staff was hysterical as was the toddler.

The police were called I left my name and address with the police and the people involved - Thankfuly the lady in the play area had taken the number and pictures. So proof.

My car is covered in the Staffs blood.

Some people make my blood boil but for the bike rider and the BC owner being youngish men I dread to think what would have happened....

Some people do not deserve dogs, they really don't. While waiting for the police I realised the whole incident had taken 15 minutes or less.

Karen (calmed down now - slightly)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
02-05-2007, 08:54 PM   #2

Re: I've calmed down now

OMG Karen! That is absolutely horrific. I really hope they get the'person' who those dogs belong to. Completely unreal. ((hugs)) to you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
02-05-2007, 08:55 PM   #3

OMG thats appalling!!! The owner of the GSD's should be shot for her behaviour and lack of responsibility over the dogs. Its because of people like this that I, and I am sure I am not alone, am nervous around some large breeds.
Those poor dogs and owners. I hope the police DO something about it but the sad thing is, its always the animal that suffers but if these dogs are this out of control then they are unsafe to all.
My sister has a black lab and she is terrified of GSD's because she too was attacked by one, the owner did eventually call her dog off and gave it a treat to reward it for coming back to her, no appology or anything to my sister and her equally terrified dog.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
02-05-2007, 08:56 PM   #4

Goodness me Kazz, that was terrifing for you all Good thing that lady had the sense to take photos and get the car number. I hope the police trace the owner very soon and she gets the punishment she deserves for letting dogs like that loose
It must have really shaken you up Kazz, I hope you have recovered from the incident now ((((hugs))))

Catsey Veteran

02-05-2007, 08:58 PM   #5

I did nothing to be honest I did not have time it happened so fast the ownside was the Staffie ate my sarnie whil he was in sanctuary

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
02-05-2007, 08:58 PM   #6

How awful for you Kazz, and those poor dogs, hope they find the owner of the GSD's.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
02-05-2007, 09:05 PM   #7

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
02-05-2007, 09:27 PM   #8

What the Hell has that woman done thoes dogs to make them act in such a way

Kaz I hope you have managed to calm down a bit and so glad you were on hand to help.

That horrif attack will stay with that toddler for the rest of it's life. So sad.

I hope all involved recover soon. People and Dogs alike.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
02-05-2007, 09:32 PM   #9

It does make you wonder what goes through the mind of some pet owners!! Glad nobody was seriously injured, those poor dogs and owners though!! Quite a few years ago we witness a dog attack another and tried to help the owner, it took three men and me to get the dog off a BC and in the end we had to hit the dog over the head with a brick to get it to release the BC (both dogs were ok, but the BC needed stitches) Horrible horrible experience.

Catsey Veteran

02-05-2007, 09:37 PM   #10

I don;t thinkthe dogs were meaning to e nasty or itending to kill if they did they could have I think - I think it was misguided play. Or maybe non socializationover exhuberance even