Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-11-2009, 05:22 PM   #1

Thanksgiving Thursday

Hi all! Fog is starting to lift now, but still gloomy outside, promised sun and warmth not here yet! Only 8 (45 F), but nice and warm in the house which will be filled with cooking smells before too long ... I do enjoy Thanksgiving; lots to be thankful for: good health, good friends, living in a free country. Hope it's a lovely day for all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-11-2009, 05:38 PM   #2

Re: Thanksgiving Thursday

Hi Eileen - Happy Thanksgiving from Kizzy, Pip and me to you and Leia!

It was lovely again first thing here, but we've had some heavy showers since and the temperature has dropped with each shower. It's 9 here - so we are only 1 degree off Washington temperature, albeit you are 5 hours earlier in the day (is it 5 again now?).

I do hope you enjoy your feast later on - what time do you plan to start? I expect I shall be tucked up in bed, but who knows, maybe not and I shall raise my glass of whatever it might be to toast your Thanksgiving. Yes, we do all have a lot to be thankful for.

Had a bit of a disaster in the garden today - my "gardener" cut down all but 3 of my dogwoods - well, he doesn't pretend to be a "proper" gardener, but hasn't done anything wrong before and I was gaining confidence in him. What a shame - I rely on the dogwoods for a bit of winter colour.

But the good news is I went for my 6 monthly dental check and nothing needs to be done, so made my next appointment for May 2010. The practice has gone back to booking check ups in advance. I wonder why???!!!

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
26-11-2009, 07:05 PM   #3

Happy Thanksgiving Eileen!
Very sad today, had a call about a cat that had been attacked by a stray dog-one of the vets went to collect him, very scared and stressed and absolutely soaking wet and covered in mud. We gave him some pain relief and oxygen until we were able to examine him. He was lying on the heat mat, purring away as I rubbed his head, such a sweetie. No obvious internal injuries, but some very nasty punctures to his back legs and he's lost one of his canine teeth.
I hope we can find his owners-he has had both his ear pinnae removed at some point so is quite distinctive but no chip.
Wish I could've brought him home with me to sleep in front of the fire.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
26-11-2009, 07:31 PM   #4

Happy Thanksgiving DM and Leia.

Wet here again

Shame about the dogwood angieh - mine have come on really well this year and I do love the colour at this time of year. At least you know they'll regrow.

Poor wee cat pinklizzy - hope its owners can be traced.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
26-11-2009, 07:58 PM   #5

Evening all. (I sound like Dixon of Dock Green)

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Been to work today, its cold but no rain thankfuly. Shame about the dogwood Angie but you may find it will recover enough for after Xmas. Fingers crossed. And it should come back better than ever.

Have a good evening all off to see Sophie in a school play Greece.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
26-11-2009, 08:38 PM   #6

Hi, all. Happy Thanksgiving.
Well, K is working today because we could use the holiday money so he won't be home till 8pm. Then we're heading over to his Mom's..we'll have missed the feast by then but will stop by for dessert and drinks.
Kinda not looking forward to it only because sister in laws fiance will be there and we don't get along very well and the last time we spoke it was ugly..even if nothing happens it'll feel awkward, ya know?
Anyhoo, that's about all I'm doing today.
Oh, and day two of no smoking (We'll see if that changes later tonight! )

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-11-2009, 09:09 PM   #7

Oh Angie, what a shame about the dogwoods! I don't know if they'll regrow from the stumps; when I had the landscape people two years ago they cut down my lavender crepe myrtle, and it did regenerate. You'll probably be in bed at my dinner time - 7 pm here, midnight in the UK - I don't like the big meal at mid day.

Tink, hope all goes well and it's not too awkward for you.

PL, how horrible for that poor little cat...

Hope you enjoyed the play, Kazz!