Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Domestic Shorthairs & Longhair
03-08-2007, 09:37 PM   #1

Pet Shop Kitties

OH's sister in-law who I have to say really does get on my nerves phoned a little while ago to ask me if I could pick her up some Frontline spray from work, as she has just got a new kitten and has found a few fleas on him.

I started speaking to her about the kitten, what was he like, how old, where did she get him from etc. Her reply was he's 5 weeks old and I got him from a pet shop it makes my mind boggle and my blood boil it really does - I'm in the process of trying to find out which pet shop it is, as the she couldn't remember she went out to get some cat litter, and came back with a kitten!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-08-2007, 09:50 PM   #2

Re: Pet Shop Kitties

It boggles the mind! Five weeks! Poor little mite......

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Siamese
03-08-2007, 10:33 PM   #3

The pet shop should lose theire liscence selling kittens that age, poor little thing! They should be reported!

It makes my blood boil.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
04-08-2007, 08:15 AM   #4

this makes me mad -exactly the reason why animals shouldn't be allowed for sale in pet shops - poor kitten. I honestly thought that it had been banned to sell cats and dogs in pet shops - but unfortunately it hasn't. I would try and find out which pet shop it is I'm sure the RSPCA would be interested to know

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Fabulous moggies!
04-08-2007, 08:59 AM   #5

OH MY GOODNESS I really didn't think pet shops were allowed to sell kittens any longer????? That really is terrible. Why on earth did she not just rescue one from a cat rescue centre grrrr

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
04-08-2007, 09:22 AM   #6

Years ago I lost a pet shop loose it's licence for kittens. I went in in the hight of summer. There were three kittens no wate and riddled with flease. The SSPCA were right on the ball and there within about 30mins of me phoneing them.
I thought you had to have a special licence these days.

Catsey Senior

04-08-2007, 11:57 AM   #7

To be totally honest, she doesn't really have a clue when it comes to animals. Her heart is in the right place and she means well but she's so thick with them it's unreal!

I thought the same as you guys with the license / not being allowed to sell them and we're probably right but I guess as with everything there are people who think they can bend the rules! She's taking me down to the pet shop today to show me, apparently there were 5 others there aswell

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
04-08-2007, 12:02 PM   #8

Amber what are you going to do? If there in bad condition I would phone the R.S.P.C.A. It may be worth giving them a call before you go so they can be ready for you.
One question. How can she buy a ktten and not know where the shop was? Or am I missing something

Catsey Senior

04-08-2007, 12:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac
Amber what are you going to do? If there in bad condition I would phone the R.S.P.C.A. It may be worth giving them a call before you go so they can be ready for you.
One question. How can she buy a ktten and not know where the shop was? Or am I missing something
The RSPCA was my first thought of action do you think it might help to phone them first?
She knows where the pet shop is but can't remember the name and never got a receipt

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: A very pretty kitty!
04-08-2007, 12:55 PM   #10

Eugh I hate petshops selling puppies and kittens! Okay so I hate them selling ANY animals but puppies and kittens are even worst. I think they need a special liscene to sell them now? My local pet shop occasionally has them in which REALLY annoys me, loads of little kids poking their fingers in to the tiny, terrified kittens cage...needless to say we don't shop there unless we NEED to.