Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
22-01-2010, 09:56 AM   #1

Dull, wet Friday thread.

Hi Everbody,

It is not starting out as the best of days here weather wise, as the sky is dark and grey,and the air is full of that yukky drizzle so everywhere is wet .
It dosen`t seem to bother the birds though as they are out in full force in the garden driving M&M crazy watching them .

I am off to do Pilates at 10am at the gym, did it for the first time last week and really enjoyed it, didn`t really feel like I was doing much really but boy I ached in places the next day that I didn`t know I could ache in , so it must have done me good.

Hopefully by the time I get back the weather will have brightened up enough to let M&M in the garden for a bit to burn off some excess energies .

Hope everybody has a great day,

Bye for now Pauline & M&M

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
22-01-2010, 11:04 AM   #2

Re: Dull, wet Friday thread.

Miserable damp day here today... at work but things a bit tense as I have had words with a colleague... we are not talking now.... bit hard in an office of four people!!

Luckily I am only here till 3pm..

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
22-01-2010, 11:09 AM   #3

Quick hello; I think I have some kind of very virrulent flu . . . have not been out of bed for 2 1/2 days an am only up today because Sebi's at home. I think I will be phoning OH to come back from work though as I'm struggling being vertical (well, seated instead of lying down ).

TTFN . . .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
22-01-2010, 11:23 AM   #4

Still not too good here, another congested night so very little sleep. The eyes that were streaming yesterday have now gone to the other extreme and are very dry. OH has just been out to the chemist to pick up my regular prescription so I asked him to get me some artificial tears, hopefully they'll help as my eyes are barely open at the moment as they're so sore. Bless that man, he popped into the grocer's and bought some chocolate biscuits while he was out, it's amazing how therapeutic chocolate biscuits are!

Hope other poorly ones are feeling better.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
22-01-2010, 12:07 PM   #5

Hi again,
Just back from Pilates all refreshed for the moment until the pain kicks in tomoz probably .
Sorry to hear of your fall out at work Donna, hope the day goes quickly for you.
Yola and MrsH, I do hope that you both feel alot better soon.

Byeeeeeee Pauline & M&M

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
22-01-2010, 12:17 PM   #6

Hiya all

Quick Hello from me to I have popped home for a file but while here answered a CP query...as you do. And popped on here to send an email.

Its rainy here to dull and overcast but not a sign of ice or snow..so pleased.

At work till late tonight, hope those poorly feel better soon.

Take care all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-01-2010, 03:14 PM   #7

It's been raining the proverbial cats and dogs here this morning. I had to go to the vets to pick up some worming pills and flea stuff and OH volunteered to run me over - I am so glad he did because there are floods everywhere and his car is higher up that mine! The lady at the vet reception who knows me, Kizzy and Pip was pleased to hear my news about what fun they are and how well they are getting on - she said it had been a very depressing week with several well-liked patients passing away, some before time. Very sad. They have a new photo board and I have promised to take a couple of pictures of K&P to liven it up - she has a photo of her black cat which would have gone so well in the current photo comp - a huge yawn and very very big teeth - looked just like a panther!

Pip went out in the pouring rain this morning and although he tried to keep to the walls and not get too wet in the end he gave up and was scampering around in the borders, but came straight in when I opened the door and called him. He was out less than 5 minutes and was just SO WET - he looked like a proper punk, his fur had gone all spikey! Took some photos - will post if they are OK. Kizzy went out later, it was still pouring and when she came back in, she was hardly damp ................. bit spooky that!

By the way, they are both moulting. Anyone else's furbabes moulting yet?

Will be back later. Do so hope poorly people feel very much better soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
22-01-2010, 04:22 PM   #8

Well wishes to both Yola and Mrs H xxx

I am feeling a bit better today, still a bit squeemish and congested, fingers crossed it doesnt come to any more than that though. G has been pretty bad but is on the mend.

The day started off very wet, dark and miserable but has brightened up alot now.

Off to get a long overdue haircut soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
22-01-2010, 05:26 PM   #9

We dodged the weather bullet; stayed above freezing all night in the City so all we got was cold drizzle, not the sleet/snow/ice mess that was predicted. Still drizzly, 1 degree (34 F), raw East wind. Staying indoors with no special plans except making a nice bowl of hot soup for dinner.

Hope all the poorly people feel much better soon! Angie, how does Kizzy do that? Donna, sorry about he dust-up at work.

Stay dry, all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
22-01-2010, 11:22 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
It's been raining the proverbial cats and dogs here this morning. I had to go to the vets to pick up some worming pills and flea stuff and OH volunteered to run me over - I am so glad he did because there are floods everywhere and his car is higher up that mine! The lady at the vet reception who knows me, Kizzy and Pip was pleased to hear my news about what fun they are and how well they are getting on - she said it had been a very depressing week with several well-liked patients passing away, some before time. Very sad. They have a new photo board and I have promised to take a couple of pictures of K&P to liven it up - she has a photo of her black cat which would have gone so well in the current photo comp - a huge yawn and very very big teeth - looked just like a panther!

Pip went out in the pouring rain this morning and although he tried to keep to the walls and not get too wet in the end he gave up and was scampering around in the borders, but came straight in when I opened the door and called him. He was out less than 5 minutes and was just SO WET - he looked like a proper punk, his fur had gone all spikey! Took some photos - will post if they are OK. Kizzy went out later, it was still pouring and when she came back in, she was hardly damp ................. bit spooky that!

By the way, they are both moulting. Anyone else's furbabes moulting yet?

Will be back later. Do so hope poorly people feel very much better soon.

Not unusual as you think there Angie. Oscar could just step out in a drizzle and get soaked through to the skin the sort of wet that sticks his fur to your hand whereas Cleo could go out in a storm and not appear to get wet and same when you touched her.

I put it down to a different coat Oscar's being mainly white like Pip's...do they feel different when you stroke them, I bet Kizzy's feels softer more luxiourious than Pip's