Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: Silver Tabby & Silver Tipped
05-07-2008, 09:17 PM   #1

Insurance for breeding queeens-HELP!

hi everyone!
later this month I'm breeding with my beautiful silver tabby queen. I'm looking for insurance that will cover cat breeding but in the small print of ALL companies, they say they are unable to cover them. Does anyone know of a decent company that will cover her but not cost the earth? Thanks!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-07-2008, 09:49 PM   #2

Re: Insurance for breeding queeens-HELP!

Hi! Sorry I can't offer any advice, as I'm in the States. Hopefully some of our breeder members will be along to respond; Saturday is usually a rather slow day here.....your cat sounds lovely.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-07-2008, 10:18 PM   #3

Yes, sorry I am unable to advise you. I would love to see pictures of your cats if you would like to post them. Silver tabby and silver tipped tabby sounds very pretty.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
05-07-2008, 10:24 PM   #4

Pet plan have an insurance policy for breeding cats but I have a feeling you have to have been with them for a certain period before you are covered so you may not have enough time. What breed of cat is she? Is she a registered pedigree? If so is she on the active register? Is she health checked and is the stud you are going to use? And most of all have you toroughly researched the subject?

I am not being noisy or mean to be harsh sounding but as a breeder myself it annoys me when everything isn't taken into account and you say in your profile that your cat is a "silver tabby x silver tipped" which sounds like a non pedigree. Forgive me if I am wrong but that is how it reads to me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
05-07-2008, 11:35 PM   #5

Hi,
I breed my raggie and have her covered with the Pet Plan Breeding and Showing Policy. Fortunately I've never had to make a claim but they do cover all kittening and birthing problems (up to a limit) as well as all other usual vets bills etc. The premium for me is about £17 per month.

Although, as Kay says, they don't cover immediately. I think it's for the first 28 days, but you'd have to check the small print.

I also agree with Kay's sentiments above...........we're a very friendly and helpful bunch on here, but not in agreement with unethical breeding.