Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Long hair
10-07-2007, 02:29 AM   #1

How did you pick out your Cat's names?

I'll post all the Cats that I've ever had and why me (or my parents) named them ^_^

Tabby: She was a Tabby-cat so her color gave her the name. RIP She Ran away when I was born from what my Mom thinks of Jelousy.

Frostie: He was born deaf, but he was pure white thus the name Frostie. RIP He got attacked by a stray animal and lost too much blood, so we had to put him asleep.

Pepper:She was solid black and she was very moody as a kitten and they found her in a pepper feild as a kitten.RIP, Cancer took her life but lived a happy 17 years.

CarrotTop: He was pure white with a VERY fuzzy head of red. We gave him the name because of the commedian Carrot Top. RIP died of a Kidney disease.

Socks: Socks was a tabby kitten that had white solid feet. Out of all the past cats I had, he was my Fav. I found him undernethe the porch with a gash on his forehead and we took him to the vet and got it stiched up. When I was little I had major pains in my legs due to lack of blood flow, and he would lay on my knees and it would keep them warm so it wouldn't hurt as bad. Sadly, when we took the stitches out, he ran off as if thats all he came to do. The day he ran off I was admited to the hostpital because I couldn't feel my legs, and the Doctors said that my veins were not as narrow and that blood was running though my legs again and it would just take some time getting use to. Alot of people say is was just coincidental, but I call Socks my little Angel because another year without much bloodflow, they would of died and I would be paralyzed.So, in a way I feel like he saved me. (I don't know if he's alive still or not, but Thankyou Socks ^_^)

Garfeild: When my Dad brought him over and showed me to him. He jumped out of my Dad's arms and started to scoff down my lasagna and We were watching Garfeild the Movie at that time, so we just gave him a name and it stuck.

Nayomi: She was a pregnate cat who showed up at our doorstep and deliverd 4 pure black kittens and she was pure white (We thought it was funny) but her worried owner came by and picked her up. They lived at our house for about a month and the owner was actually my next foor neighbor from years ago ^_^ I'm happy to say that they all still live with their owner and all the kittens still live with eachother and one's expecting soon ^_^

Socks (2): My boyfriend came up with the name due to he had white feet and I didn't mind naming him that, since as kittens they acted ALOT alike! ^_^ He's as hyper as ever o.o

Maiah: She was named after one of my Nana's cats who was a long haired Saimiese (sp) and she was so cuddely and cute and I've always loved the name. Her condition is almost 100%, all we're trying to fix is the film thats on her eye. We are giving her an eye cream for that. ^_^

There we go ^_^

You don't have to post All of your cats lol. I had a lot of spare time XP

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-07-2007, 02:45 AM   #2

Re: How did you pick out your Cat's names?

OK, here goes:
Scamper, ginger tom ...named because he was a very frisky kitten and did scamper...didn't fit him at all as a large. dignified adult

Su-Ling, seal point Siamese ... wanted an Oriental name, and found this in a book I was reading...

Sultan, ruddy Abysinnian ...because he had a regal presence even as a wee kitten

Misty, blue torbie ... named by a friend; I couldn't think of a good name

Patches, brindled tortie ....already named when I rehomed her

Dandy, Singapura ... was trying to think of a Malay/Chinese name to go with his ancestry, when it occurred to me that he was born in Massachssetts, and was a real Yankee Doodle Dandy, which was the name he was registered in TICA with

Leia, blue torbie ...named when I rehomed her

Onyx, black DSH, because she's black

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Long hair
10-07-2007, 06:56 AM   #3

cute ^_^ Thanks for Sharing

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
10-07-2007, 07:35 AM   #4

What a lovely story about your Angel Cat.

Right C-Fur X Bengal......C for Cat

Purrdie Bengal.........Named by a friend
Sadly they both mysteriously disappeared (with the help of my stepson I think) Glad to say he's no longer about.

Caspurr........My daughter nemed him as he took a while to colour up.

Abi.......because she's such a pretty girl and we liked the dainty name.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
10-07-2007, 07:59 AM   #5

I won't include childhood cats because they were named by mum and dad or already had names!

Shengh - tragically died as a kitten on a New Years Day named by my boyfriend because he had never had animals before so I let him choose their names. I think the name means free spirit she was beautiful

Lao Tzu - named after a philospher
Confucious - named after a philospher
Professor - named after Professor Cheng Man Ching a Tai Chi master
Mencius - named after another philospher
Felix - he was named by the family who used to own him before moving house and leaving him behind to live on the streets.

(I got to name my dogs though Jack and Barney - I had the names waaaay before I got the dogs )

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: all types
10-07-2007, 08:00 AM   #6

ok here goes

violet- women from the vets helped with that name

mau mau- already named that when we rescued her

vincent-was called lettuce but changed it to vincent because it suited him

mable- was called fatty but changed to mable

jac- was already named that

misty-already named that

domino-already named that

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
10-07-2007, 08:22 AM   #7

Mines are very simple lol

We got Broxi first and as we're all mad Rangers supporters, it just made sense to name him after their mascot. When we got the other 2, Cooper and Teddie the theme had to continue. Cooper is named after the late, great Davie Cooper who was one of the most skilled players ever to pull on a blue jersey, and Teddie is so called because The Teddy Bears is a nickname for Rangers!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
10-07-2007, 09:01 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
Mines are very simple lol

We got Broxi first and as we're all mad Rangers supporters, it just made sense to name him after their mascot. When we got the other 2, Cooper and Teddie the theme had to continue. Cooper is named after the late, great Davie Cooper who was one of the most skilled players ever to pull on a blue jersey, and Teddie is so called because The Teddy Bears is a nickname for Rangers!
Oh dear you are sooo sad
Rangers indeed.
I used to be madly in love with Hinrick Larsen when he played for Celtic, other than that I hate football.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
10-07-2007, 09:05 AM   #9

Ghandi, coz i thought he looked serene but he turned out to be the most evil ginger tabby ever
Mutley, little blind tabby, just coz I thought he was cute.
Winston, my handsome old grey boy, because it suited.
Eva the Diva, originally Eva Braun, because she has the look of a nazi mistress
Bernie, found living on a railway track in North Wales, named after Bernie Cribbens as he was in the Railway Children.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
10-07-2007, 09:15 AM   #10

Our current cats..

Smudge - because her coat is all smudged.

Emily - the kids chose her name

Bluebell - because she is Blue & cute like a little flower

Mable - I love the name Lettuce, that is a really cool cat name.