Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-06-2008, 10:26 PM   #1

Sexual predator in MY neighborhood!

This was on the 11 pm news last night; scared me silly! 2400 Huidekoper is one street down from me and the next block up!! I had trouble getting to sleep, kept imagining I heard noises...Leia would not be a good watch cat, if someone broke in she'd hide under the bed! Seriously, this is scary to think it's so close; the other addresses aren't far away. I hope the publicity and the increased police presence will frighten the SOB away.....

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0608/531456.html

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
28-06-2008, 10:34 PM   #2

Re: Sexual predator in MY neighborhood!

My goodness, how scary for you and your neighbours! I'm sure you're already doing it, but please double-check that doors and windows are securely locked. I'd hate something like that going on where I live, hope they catch the b*****d soon!!

Catsey Veteran

28-06-2008, 10:37 PM   #3

Yes, I've always been a security nut as a woman living alone. But, as my Dad used to say, locks only keep out an honest man....
Fortunately my next door neighbor and good friend is a police officer! And I take the cell phone upstairs every night. But it is unsettling to think about it happening so close....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
28-06-2008, 10:40 PM   #4

Right Eileen now don't panic but make sure all you windows are kept locked and how about asking the poilce to call round and do a "security check for you" do they do that is the USA they would here." recomend locks etc. Don't worry but be careful.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
28-06-2008, 10:41 PM   #5

Oh my god Eileen thats really scary.Please take care,make sure your all locked the house. You dont him to be frightened away Eileen,you want the ******* caught!!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
28-06-2008, 10:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Yes, I've always been a security nut as a woman living alone. But, as my Dad used to say, locks only keep out an honest man....
Fortunately my next door neighbor and good friend is a police officer! And I take the cell phone upstairs every night. But it is unsettling to think about it happening so close....
Excellent, now do not worry we need to move nearer to you you know so we can pop by.

Catsey Veteran

28-06-2008, 10:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin
Oh my god Eileen thats really scary.Please take care,make sure your all locked the house. You dont him to be frightened away Eileen,you want the ******* caught!!!!!!
Actually I want the ****** caught and castrated!!!!!!! I am very security conscious, even the windows on ground level have those thingys on them so they can't be opened from outside.......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-06-2008, 12:43 AM   #8

Very scarey Eileen. Taking your phone up to bed is a really good idea. You obviously take care of the sensible precautions. Have to say that when my OH was working away from home, I had a shillelagh (an Irishman's cudgel) next to my bed - actually it's still there. Not sure I'd ever have been able to use it, but it made me feel safer.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
29-06-2008, 03:39 AM   #9

That's scary being so close to home Eileen! Your house sounds pretty secure by what you have said.......do you have a security chain on your door as well?

Be extra vigilant during the daytime, don't open your door unless you know who it is or they can give you some identification. Take extra care!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
29-06-2008, 08:46 AM   #10

Oh Eileen that must be really frightening. I hope he is caught very very soon for every ones sake.
Is it possible you could arrange some kind of phone in with your neighbour/s? You know some kind of thing like calling eachother morning and night just to check in that all is well?