Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-01-2010, 05:07 PM   #1

Slightly Warmer Wednesday

It's up to -1 (30 F) now, "warmest" in a fortnight, and will get better as the day progresses,,, a welcome change, plus it's sunny too. Had planned to go to the market but felt lazy and postponed till tomorrow; also need to pick up holds at the library. Someone mentioned daffodils starting to show leaves coming up; not here; nor no signs of buds emerging on the hellebores; it has been a really frigid Winter here. That's about all my dull news.

Stay warm, all; remember the quiz tonight ... all welcome!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-01-2010, 05:25 PM   #2

Re: Slightly Warmer Wednesday

Woke up to another inch or so of show here this morning, but it's thawing fairly quickly.

I didn't go to my doctor's appointment as we still can't get our cars out, but I phoned the surgery this morning and had a phone consultation instead which was an excellent solution.

Yes, don't forget the QUIZ TONIGHT AT 8.00. I've been rummaging in my brain and on t'Internet to find some interesting Qs. Look forward to chatting tonight folks, so please come along!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
13-01-2010, 06:07 PM   #3

Hi all!

I have had a day off work and as the kids were at school it was a whole day to myself!

Cleaned the rabbit hutches and runs out this morning.. four bin liners full of rubbish as I had piled in the hay in this cold weather! Was snowing whilst I was out there cleaning tho so was very cold!

Went to the gym and did an hour in the gym, then half an hour swimming, then a hot jacuzzi and then an infra red sauna!! After that had lunch upstairs in the bar (lovely poached egg sandwich and a diet coke).

Then went shopping and got a few bits for the kids and some warm PJs for myself!

Now home and doing the usual chores before dinner!

Have a good evening everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
13-01-2010, 10:52 PM   #4

Hiya allEveing everyone been to work today just got in. Have to take Sal out in a moment then have something to eat. Woke to find it had snowed over night but did not thaw and then today from about 10am through to 4 it snowed and snowed and snowed and heavily....too it stuck and is now turning to ice and fog now coming down to..... snow has stopped though. Hope it rains soon and clear it away. I had hopes yesterday of it thawing but the new snow has out paid to that.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
13-01-2010, 10:54 PM   #5

Donna it sounds like a lovely day off to me, Eileen not seen a dafoldil here mind you haven't seen the soil for week or more due to the snow.Angie that sounds like a good solution telephone consultation.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
13-01-2010, 11:24 PM   #6

It had snowed quite a lot by 5am & then from 6am until teatime it snowed really heavily. I dropped the kids off at school at 8.15 and was home a few minutes later, by 11am you couldn't see any tracks in the snow on the drive from my car, just fresh snow, amazing how heavy it was coming. Luckily I was working at home today, which I am lucky to be able to do once a week but I need to go into the office tomorrow so I hope it's not too bad tomorrow.
Donna, well done for going to the gym, sounds like you had a perfect day, I was almost closing my eyes and peeping as I read what you had for lunch, I am so pleased it was a healthy lunch and you didn't have fish and chips and chocolate cake after all that work you did in the gym.
I MUST get back to my spinning classes.