Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
15-01-2010, 08:33 AM   #1

Friday daily

Morning, I hope today is better than yesterday. Had a bad day yesterday, one of the girls in my team had a crash in her van & the guy who ran into her had a go at her, she had to wait 4 hours for recovery which I am disgusted about. A young girls on her own waiting 4 hours for the AA Then I got a call from a CP collegue who was not happy with another CP person, I then spoke to the other one & all hell broke out. Why are people so unreasonable! I was in a foul mood after all of that and ended up with a migraine (not had one for many many months) Then I had 3 new cats in & 5 mins after they were collected the guy called to say if he doesn't take the 3 cats back tomorrow his wife has threatened divorce so that was a complete waste of time. Then we had a cat come for a M/C & he didn't want to be done, so all in all not a good day really.

However today should be a better day.

I'm at work and this evening I need to clean out my greenhouse as I have got someone coming to collect it tomorrow after advertising it on freecycle.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
15-01-2010, 11:09 AM   #2

Re: Friday daily

Goodness Smudgley, no wonder you got a migraine yesterday! I hope today's turning out to be a lot calmer for you.

The thaw is well advanced now, it's been drizzling all morning and only just stopped. There's still a good bit of snow around in piles at the side of the road, but we should be able to go out and do a good supermarket shop later on. Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
15-01-2010, 12:00 PM   #3

Smudgley you sound like you had a horrible day...no wonder you got a headache.I wish I had known you had a greenhouse you did not want I am about to look into buying one for my allotment (plan on spending time there this year feeling much better) or the garden I need a greenhouse.Mrs H the thaw is good isn't it...hope it continues.Have a good day all Karen

Catsey Veteran

15-01-2010, 12:03 PM   #4

Smudgley you sound like you had a horrible day...no wonder you got a headache.I wish I had known you had a greenhouse you did not want I am about to look into buying one for my allotment (plan on spending time there this year feeling much better) or the garden I need a greenhouse.Mrs H the thaw is good isn't it...hope it continues.Have a good day all Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-01-2010, 12:26 PM   #5

I do hope your head is better today Smudgley - you did have an awful day yesterday. Deep breaths and try and stay calm today!

Thaw progressing here. OH and I went out to fill up all the bird feeders and Kizzy and Pip went out too. Pip got stuck up the goat willow whose bark is very wet and slippery. He was mewing and eventually nearly fell upside down but International Rescue (OH) came to his aid and caught him. Pip is OK but his white bits are very dirty!

I have too many things that need doing today, so will catch up later. Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-01-2010, 05:08 PM   #6

Hi all! Thaw continues here: bright sunshine, already 7 (44 F) with a promise of 12 by afternoon; it feels sooooo good not having that bitter cold. Tomorrow nice too, not quite as warm, than a cold all day rain for Sunday; will do my shopping tomorrow and stay in with the papers/puzzle/Catsey! Monday is a holiday, MLK Day. No real news, all's well here.

Oh Smudgley, what a horrid day you had! Hope it's much better today. Angie, glad OH was handy to rescue your adventurous little one; he is something, isn't he?! Kazz, exciting about the greenhouse! Have a good shop, MrsH, stock up, we will probably get more foul weather

Have a nice day, all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
15-01-2010, 08:30 PM   #7

I thought you'd given your allotment up Karen? I too am about to invest in a greenhouse for my lotty so would have been interested. Still, it's a bit of a trek to Stourbridge from Reading!

Today did the whole taxi bit (Domi - school, OH - work, me - my Mum's to drop Sebi and then me/my brother to solicitor in Ealing to start sorting out the will and probate for my Aunt's affairs). Then same in reverse; back to Reading, pick up Domi, pick up OH and now finally home.

Curry (microwaved dinner courtesy of Waitrose) tonight and lashings of wine. I'm tired again and I think this blasted sinus thing is coming back as my eye and left side of face is really painful

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-01-2010, 08:38 PM   #8

Sorting out a loved one's financial and other affairs is really stressful Yola - do take care of yourself. I get that "eyebrow ache" myself and find that Sudafed helps, drink loads of water and use Olbas oil on your pillow/Olbas pastilles. I think I remember you hate chewing gum, but my GP recommended that as it keeps stuff moving!

On the matter of greenhouses - they are wonderful (I have one) but unless you are intending to grow more tender veg under glass, have you considered a cold frame instead???

Catsey Veteran

15-01-2010, 09:07 PM   #9

Hiya Yola

Yes I thought I had too but had a nice letter from them today to ask me to pay this years ground rent....seems that I have not given it up (thought I had following on from phone call but seems you had to put it in writing which I did not do).....so have decided to carry on. As I already have it. Think I will enjoy it, feel a lot fitter/healthier this year than last ........ and hopefuly it will be a stress reliever....with all the family issues.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-01-2010, 09:25 PM   #10

Oh Yola, that is stressful, went thru it when my Dad died; very hard. Kazz, look forward to allotment posts now; what will you be growing this year?