Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-01-2010, 01:02 PM   #1

Promising Sunday

Isn't nature marvellous? Blue sky and sunshine, still quite chilly but oh, the air is like champagne, the birds are singing, the snowdrops and narcissus are beginning to shoot. A couple of patches of snow left. Our neighbour was going around his garden with a fork breaking up the bits that are left - ready, he says, for the next lot coming in mid-week!!!

Pip got stuck up the same tree again this morning. Got some photos this time and of his rescue too! Will post later.

Make the most of this lovely day, that seeks to whisper of Spring .................

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
17-01-2010, 01:29 PM   #2

Re: Promising Sunday

Afternoon Angie,

Sunny here too but very cold still.

Parents just popped over and I showed my mum pictures of my wedding shoes I have ordered (it had taken me 6 months to find some I liked)

Going to give my car a clean later and back indoors to cook a nice beef stew.

Have a great day everybody.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
17-01-2010, 02:14 PM   #3

Afternoon everyone. Yes the sunshine is smashing. Its lovely made me even look at the garden ready to start again.....surprising what an effect the weather can have on you isn't it.

Day off today, in next weekend.

See you all later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
17-01-2010, 03:28 PM   #4

Much better day today, it is fantastic to see blue skies and sunshine, much warmer than of late, we even had the back door open for a while! Great to see green grass instead of white too! I can se the crocus and snowdrops poking their heads up under the tree in the garden. Roll on Spring!

Catsey Veteran

17-01-2010, 03:34 PM   #5

Yes I have a few things pushing thier heads up too......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-01-2010, 05:03 PM   #6

A cold raw all day rain here. but at least it's not snow! And above freezing, 2 degrees (36 F). so tolerable: good day to sleep in and cocoon with the papers, crossword and forums. Leia checked out the porch and decided the warm radiator was a better idea, bless her. Am thawing a crab cake for one of my favorite dinners.

No signs of crocus or daffodils here yet, but I pulled the leaves away from the hellebores to see if the buds were emerging from the soil ... and they are! Roll on Spring! I'm so glad you all seem to be having a delightful spell of weather!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
17-01-2010, 06:32 PM   #7

A beautiful, sunny day. We went to the place that our son and fiancee have chosen as their wedding venue as there was a wedding fair there today.

It's called Warbrook House in Eversley, Hampshire and what a lovely place it was! It's an 18th century country house in large, wooded grounds with a lake. The front of the house is symetrical with a flight of about 10 steps leading up to the door (ideal place for some wedding photos)

It's a fairly intimate place, everything on a human scale so although it's a "corporate owned" hotel, it still felt like the elegant private home it once was and we'll have sole use for the day so perhaps we can pretend it's ours, at least for 24 hours! They've made a wonderful choice. (I would do a clever linky thing but I've not learnt that skill yet!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-01-2010, 08:56 PM   #8

MrsH, I know how to do the link thing, but I have a Mac and don't know if it's the same for a PC, or I'd tell you; it's really easy once someone explains how, as Mags did for me. Maybe someone here with a PC could post it; that sounds like a great venue, would love to see it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-01-2010, 09:19 PM   #9

This is the link, http://www.warbrook-house-hotel.com/ but the website doesn't do the hotel justice. It's beautiful. I've visited there once fleetingly for a corporate event some time ago, but I agree, a great place for a wedding

Today I'm feeling poorly. I suspect it's the sinusitis again, but even the skin on my face is sore today. As a result didn't do much apart from a bit of ironing.

Got a couple of important interviews to carry out tomorrow so it's off to bed soon to see if I can get shot of this blasted bug.

Catsey Veteran

17-01-2010, 09:46 PM   #10

Thats a lovely place for a wedding if thats not doing it justice then double WOW.....lovely venue.

Hope you feel a bit better tomorrow Yola......

I am starting to think I am thinking too much this weekend sometimes it seems that way doesn't it.