Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
03-06-2006, 11:09 AM   #1

good news and bad news!

FINALLy after five eyars living here we have got registered with an nhs dentist!!
Yes FIVE eyars without one.

I must be honest and say I am already getting nervous about my first apoointment, and it hasnt even been made yet.
I ahve been once in twelve years, had a rather painfull very deep filling done, that is now most of my tooth ( ie more filling than tooth) and had them cleaned too.

I am dreading going. I literally feel sick and start to shake etc. I know i am mor than likely going to need a fair bit of work doing, possibly even extraction of wisdom teeth. They started coming through when i was 17, and every few years give me big problems, swollen jaws, lumps on my face, stiff jaw, pain etc. But stilla rent through even half way. Always been too scared about having htem out to go.

Also i HATE my teeth, some are twisted, there are large gaps between them all.

On a diff note, the new dentist is going into a new purpose built surgery about five minutes walk away from me. They wont let me register at the new doctors when it opens as i already ahve a GP.
Shame, cos the one I have now is a 25 -30 minute walk away, up a hill. And when you're not feeling well it's a heck of a slog up that hill!

But at least kids and i will get our teeth sorted now

Sadly Missed

Cats owned: Moggie
04-06-2006, 09:28 PM   #2

Re: good news and bad news!

Oh dear, poor you, I know that going to the dentist fills people with horror but these days there really shouldn't been any pain. My Dad was a dentist so I got to see things from both sides. Mind you Dad always had a small treat for any kids that came for treatment and most of them came back willingly for further treatment - SO promise yourself a treat when you've been, lie back in the chair and think about what you are going to give yourself and RELAX, it really shouldnt be a bad experience at all - Logoes