Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
04-06-2006, 01:42 PM   #1

DOG POO! ~Help me word something

RIGHT!

I've just picked up MORE dog poo -- one from outside my house & one from outside next door.

I'm getting a bit sick of it now & I want to put something on the wall, like a note saying something like

" If your dog fouls in a public place please be responsible & clean it up. Then we can all continue to promote responsible pet ownership"

If I saw who it was I would go & confront them, but I've no idea who it is. We live 4 doors away from a school & tomorrow morning there will be lots of busy little bees marching to school. If I hadn't picked it up, I'm sure one of them would have trod in it! It's disgusting & uncalled for.

My dog goes in a certain place in my garden. I know not every dog does & when you got-to-go you got-to-go BUT at least pick up!

Rant over (well over for now)

What shall I put on my "polite but to the point" note?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
04-06-2006, 01:50 PM   #2

Re: DOG POO! ~Help me word something

The note in front of my house says" You are being filmed, and images transmitted through a live web feed, smile!"

Have never had the problems you are experiencing though, must drive you mad.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
04-06-2006, 01:55 PM   #3

It's only started happening over the last couple of weeks - but it is so annoying. It's not every day - but it is a few times a week, usually a bit further down by my neighbour, but my kids play out & it's just not nice. If they choose to own a dog - they should choose to look after it & clean up after it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
04-06-2006, 01:58 PM   #4

OOOOOOOOOOOOH i know that one ok!

everyday at 4.05 pm an old man walks his dog past my house. And where does the dog do his poopies and wee wee's? YUP slap bang in the middle of my gateway. If i leave the gate open it's sometimes just inside the line of my property. Does he pick it up and put it in the dog bin THREE houses away in the small park?? NO.

I have gone out there and asked him if he could pick it up, explaining that for one it isnt nice to tread in ( he replied look where your walking then) and that two dog feaces carry diseases. ( to which he replied rubbish, aint no laws against it and walked off)

I have suggested to my husband that I pick it up in a doggy bag, follow him home and dump it on his garden path.

We get TONNES of doggy poop in and around our road. One road is even nicknamed dog poo alley by the locals.

There are no signs anywhere in my town about it, that I am aware of. I hate it.
I also hate the fact that the park in our road is a tiny one, mostly few swings and a slide ( the roundabout broke and got taken away), and that people walk thier dogs not on the fenced off grass area but around the soft tarmac area of the actual playground bit, and dont clean up!!!

I think your intial sign idea sounds fine. It's polite and to the point.

Catsey Veteran

04-06-2006, 06:24 PM   #5

CJ.
Go outside and when you see him and take photographs, even if you really dont, pretend to, say thank you and politely walk back inside the house! See what happens.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
04-06-2006, 07:09 PM   #6

Dawn, that's a good idea. I've done that previously with 'dodgy characters' that were handing around at the back of our house. My answer to their veiled threats was 'if you've got nothing to fear that it shouldn't bother you . . . you're on a private road now'!!!

It did the job

I think that's a good one to try CJ. Here in Reading it's actually a finable offence to let your dog poo on the path . . . I'm sure your council or your local paper would be interested to hear your story

Smudgely - your sign is very polite and hopefully it will do the trick (fingers crossed)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
04-06-2006, 07:25 PM   #7

How about something like "crap outside my house and I will crap outside yours" sorry couldn't resist...

I think Dawns idea was good

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
04-06-2006, 07:52 PM   #8

We have the same problem on the road I walk to take my daughter to school, we are forever saying "watch the poo" etc....its disgusting x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
04-06-2006, 08:00 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG
How about something like "crap outside my house and I will crap outside yours" sorry couldn't resist...

I think Dawns idea was good
lol.
i was intially thinking of " would YOU crap on the floor" but didnt want to be rude lol.

glad you said something first lol.

I think i couod stnad outside there with the video camera part of the dig cam going, cant argue that that isnt proof his dog did it!!!!

we also have neighbour with dogs who dont shut up. They start at 6.45 am EVERY day when she lets them in her garden. She then pipes in with " SHUUUUUTTT UPPPPPPP" about twenty times, inconsiderate of the time. They then go walkies at 7.30, to more constant yapping and " shuuuuuuuuutttttttttt up" come back from walkies at 8.15, still yapping and " shuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttttttttt up"

You hear them yapping all day, they go walkies 12.45 - 1.30, the same yapping constantly and more " shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttttttt uppppp" and are let out in the garden until 10.30 when the door opens and we hear " geeeeeeeeettttttttttttt in there yooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuu three NOOOOOOOOOOOOW"

Three of us have politely mentioned not only is the yap yap yap driving us mad but does the owner REALLY need to yell so much so early in morning and late at night.
most of us around here have kids, and she has woken a few of them.

Nothing we can do about really, but the dog poop is another matter....

and dont i sound like grmupy old men all over again lol

Catsey Veteran

04-06-2006, 08:09 PM   #10

You know what annoys me even more, people can get fined for letting their dogs foul and quite rightly so, but Horses, well you need a wheelbarrow!! and they dont care one little bit!
Dawn.