Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
05-08-2010, 11:22 AM   #1

Thursday daily

Morning all

Sorry I missed yesterdays daily. Had a good day though got my hair cut, really like it.
Last night went to aqua-aerobics...brilliant just took it easier (explained to woman running the class) and did not do stomach crunches.
Plan on going every Wednesday really nice class real mixture of people fitness and energy.

Yola you sound stressed you need this holiday girl.
Mrs H we see hedgehogs (fall in the drain on occasion) and foxes around here no badgers though but I know there are some over the back by the old church.

So sorry about the birds going I imagine it is a big shock to Ceri....will he be visiting other people with birds?

Anyhow have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
05-08-2010, 12:00 PM   #2

Re: Thursday daily

Jason's having a nice time today teasing Morgan He walks outside by the backdoor, waits until Morgan walks up to him then pops through the picket type fence into the "proper" part of the garden. The poor dog tries to get through as well but gets stuck at the shoulder so he has to back out. Jason is watching! As soon as the dog gives up and walks off, Jason pops through to this side of the fence, prances for a bit until he gets Morgan's attention then goes back through the fence again just as the dog reaches him I wonder how long he'll keep this game going? Oh, they've just finished, Morgan's given up and has just jumped up onto the sofa beside me. It was a very good-natured game, no barking, no chasing!

OH is out taking some stuff to the charity shop, I never go up into the loft but he keeps finding things in there that I thought went out years ago, maybe he'll eventually clear it ALL out!

Checked the Premium Bond numbers online earlier and we've won £175 between us this month Hope your Thursday is as good as mine!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
05-08-2010, 03:15 PM   #3

After a good night's sleep I feel much brighter today. Had finger and toe nails done + waxing all ready for Saturday. Felt generous so bought OH some nice, smart short-sleeved tops (he refuses to wear short-sleeve shirts ), and some lovely, tan leather deckshoes to go with his 'manbag'.

As I'm doing bits and bobs of work from home today I'm about to break and go and mow the front lawn. That way I can get the sprinkler on it tonight. One last (smallish) load of ironing to do and then I'm sorted. Just the packing Thank heaven the cleaner's been today so I won't have too much to do in the department before we head off.

Fifi is MUCH brighter today also - she's cooing and chirping at me and following me around quite a lot. Her wound is also starting to scab over . . . Maybe, just maybe it was an infection only and the huge matted scab she had there previously won't return. I'm still preparing myself for the worst but I'll be like a dog with 2 tails if her paw heals!

PP - just reading through yesterday's thread - so very sorry you had to dismantle the aviary, it must have been quite a wrench for your both.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-08-2010, 04:27 PM   #4

Hi Kazz, MrsH, Yola., and those to come. Lovely day here, 30 C (85 F), nice breeze, but a cold front is approaching and they're predicting severe t'storms like those two Sundays back when we had the massive power failures! Please send no-power-loss vibes!! Am waiting for the roofer now; no errands today so had a nice lie-in.

Yola, everything crossed for Fifi, that does sound encouraging; maybe surgery won't be nesessary .... you sound all set for the get-away. Love that description of Jason's teasing game, MrsH, cats are so imaginative. Glad you're enjoying the aqua=aerobics, Kazz, sounds like fun.

Have a safe pleasant day .......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-08-2010, 05:13 PM   #5

Hi all - late check in from me today. OH and I have been out - we went for a walk around Stansted arboretum and then for a rather belated birthday lunch for me. Had a very very nice gammon steak with chips and salad and Eton mess for pudding. Very nice, very fattening and no supper tonight to make up for it! It is so nice just to be out with my hubby and to just talk with no pressures - I really feel it's made all the difference certainly to my own coping level.

I too loved your description of Morgan and Jason's game MrsH! Wonder if they will play that game again?

Kazz - glad to hear you enjoyed aqua aerobics. It is something I wonder whether I'd enjoy - but a friend of mine did go and said she found she didn't have enough strength for many of the exercises and ended up under the water! That put me off a bit, plus the fact I don't own a swimming costume.

Yola - I am glad you are feeling better today. I sincerely hope that you get off on your holiday and have a good relaxing time. Fifi certainly sounds as if she's feeling better too. Wouldn't it be wonderful if her leg heals properly this time? I'll get Kizzy to put in a word with The Great Cat. I do enjoy our little chats!

Eileen - not sure The Great Cat can help in the matter of storms and power-loss, but I sincerely hope you will be OK this time. Do you have batteries, candles etc. handy? - I expect you do! Not being able to make a cup of tea would be the worst thing for me - although now we have a gas barbecue, we could actually boil a kettle. Maybe you need a little primus stove?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
05-08-2010, 05:39 PM   #6

Well done MrsH on the PB win, we won £25 this month lol

Not been up to much today, work - going to now take it easy for the rest of the evening.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
05-08-2010, 06:22 PM   #7

Kazz - glad to hear you enjoyed aqua aerobics. It is something I wonder whether I'd enjoy - but a friend of mine did go and said she found she didn't have enough strength for many of the exercises and ended up under the water! That put me off a bit, plus the fact I don't own a swimming costume.

Angie I would say thats rubbish....you do as much or as little as you like some of the people hardly moved, but each to their own. My head never touched water during the excercise, did when I swam but not during the class.
Honest its a brilliant excercise if you fancy it....buy a cheap cozzie and go. Great fun.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-08-2010, 08:37 PM   #8

Ooops, just realized I forgot to congratulate MrsH on her win! The t'storm is here now, so far just a garden variety as I still have power. Yes, oodles of candles and an oil lamp on hand just in case.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
05-08-2010, 10:39 PM   #9

Hi, all. I'm feeling really peaceful and content today
I didn't say anything but the other day I received excellent news. As some of you know, I am disabled and on Disability. However, my first initial claim that was several years ago was tied up in appeals for several years now (which would determine some back payment and compensation). I received word that Appeals has ruled in my favor and I will be compensated for about three years that I was wrongly not given Disability pay. This is wonderful news and really gives me some peace of mind. I've already decided I'm going to put half of the sum into a savings account for a veterinary emergency fund for my cats and ferrets. I feel very blessed to be able to do this.
Hope you all are having a great day

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
05-08-2010, 10:41 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
Hi, all. I'm feeling really peaceful and content today
I didn't say anything but the other day I received excellent news. As some of you know, I am disabled and on Disability. However, my first initial claim that was several years ago was tied up in appeals for several years now (which would determine some back payment and compensation). I received word that Appeals has ruled in my favor and I will be compensated for about three years that I was wrongly not given Disability pay. This is wonderful news and really gives me some peace of mind. I've already decided I'm going to put half of the sum into a savings account for a veterinary emergency fund for my cats and ferrets. I feel very blessed to be able to do this.
Hope you all are having a great day
So pleased to hear your good news, Tink