Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
08-08-2010, 11:23 AM   #1

Sort Out Sunday

Morning all

Well jut morning.......bit overcast here but okay. Having a sort out of bedroom drawers today..............

Yola I hope you arrived safely without incident.

Have fun all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
08-08-2010, 11:30 AM   #2

Re: Sort Out Sunday

Have fun sorting through your drawers Kazz
Seriously you do feel better sometimes after a good sort out, i'm still sorting out the doll room. It's looking better now, but still a long way to go.
Made Malaika some Tuna flapjack treats last night, typical we had a take away because i couldn't be bothered to cook and i then go and bake for the Dog.
She does appreciate it though as do Tom and Jerry. I didn't expect them to eat it because there are oats, carrots and apple in but they love it so Malaika will have to share.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-08-2010, 11:41 AM   #3

Hi Kazz, Shelley. A good day for rummaging through drawers! I have various little jobs to do today, like empty the bokashi, put MIL's laundry away, water the greenhouse and the tubs but I don't seem to have any ooomph about me today and I keep having to sit down. May have to go back to the G.P. - the Mirena gave me two months of bliss but now I am cramping on and off and have been for a month or so and feel generally yuk. Was going to go to the Cat and Rabbit Rescue Summer Fete, but I don't think I feel like it.

It's O-Day tomorrow - Harley is booked for his neuter. We will have to see if he a) comes in for his breakfast as usual and b) whether we can catch him and get him in the carrier. He has to be at the vet for 8.30 - so I'll be taking him on my own but once there of course there will be many hands to help and there are two vets on duty waiting!!! Please send calming vibes for Harley - he will be very scared and calming vibes for me because I may get very stressed although I will make sure to have the Rescue Remedy handy! Fingers crossed too.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone. I also hope that Yola and her family have arrived safely on their hols.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
08-08-2010, 02:26 PM   #4

Angie, calming vibes coming your way for yourself and Harley. Hope everything goes well. He is such a lucky boy that you care for him.
What on earth is a Bokashi ?
Sorry to read your not feeling so good and hope you manage to get to the fete.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-08-2010, 03:38 PM   #5

Thanks Shelley. I have managed to do my chores, but am now having a rest and a Catsey catch-up whilst thinking about an email re family history to send to one of my fellow researchers. I don't think I'm going to the Fete.

Bokashi is a way of composting kitchen waste ecologically - you don't need high temperatures as the waste is basically fermented or pickled! After a couple of weeks standing it gets emptied into the compost heap and the bin washed out to come back indoors. I have two bins that I rotate. I am impressed with the system - my compost heap has never been healthier and is full of earthworms.

http://www.bokashidirect.co.uk/

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-08-2010, 04:30 PM   #6

Hi all. Sunny and pleasant here, 27 C (81 F). not humid. Been to Whole Foods, just planning a lazy day. Although my drawers could stand a cleaning out!

LOL @ Shelley, cooking for the furries and not herself! We don't spoil our animals, do we? Angie, sorry you're feeling poorly; will definitely send calming vibes for both, and good luck caching Harley! I hope his ESP isn't working.

Hope Yola is relaxing in the sun with a glass of wine. Have a good Sunday, all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
08-08-2010, 08:35 PM   #7

Good evening ladies! I'm a bit late signing in coz I had a packed day, lunch out and then an open courtyard concert at the country park which was lovely. Even the weather stayed dry and reasonably warm.

Angie, I'm lucky that my Mirena is working well, very few bleeds & no pain. Used to have lots of misery before, so its been a saviour. The bokashi looks interesting,may see if we can invest as I want to save my waste going into the bins and use the compost on the garden.
Shelley, homemade treats , mmm, Posh would love you
Kazz, need my drawers sorting again soon, can you come down? Eileen, I'm jealous of your sunshine, I'm sure I'll get rickets if this cloud cover persists !

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
08-08-2010, 08:53 PM   #8

Hello, all
Overcast here with a strong breeze and possibility of scattered showers. Though it's much drier than yesterday, already.
Angie, will be thinking of you and Harley tomorrow and sending good, calming vibes your way. I'm sure you'll both feel better once this is done
I keep thinking today is Monday Which is dangerous because I have a vet appt. tomorrow afternoon for two of my ferrets and my vet is closed today so I really need to get my head straight!
Nothing much planned here. The cats are all in a great mood right now. Oh, and last night for the first time, Solomon slipped under the covers and nestled on my stomach and purred to high Heaven. That boy is so sweet, you only need to look at him and he starts purring
Mended my wallet last night and realized I've missed the needle and thread so maybe I'll set aside some quiet time for some embroidery or sewing today.
It's really quiet here right now. K is still sleeping and the only other noise is me typing and the sound of one of my neighbors practicing piano. They're pretty good too. Didn't even know they had a piano till now.
Have a good day, everyone