Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
11-08-2008, 10:32 AM   #1

Daily thread ~ Monday

Morning all

Another dreary morning with showers on and off......... oh well, it's not long until autumn

Usual routine here, went shopping earlier and the washing is done. I think I'll start packing the cases after lunch, it's going to be a mix of summer tops and warmer items I think!

Enjoy your day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
11-08-2008, 11:03 AM   #2

Re: Daily thread ~ Monday

It was much brighter here a little earlier on but now it's gone rather overcast, fingers crossed that it stays dry!

I'm a bit miffed at the moment as the tree surgeon was coming today to take down a dying tree in the back garden, he was due at 9.30 but no sign of him yet! I phoned, he wasn't there and they said they'd contact him and get him to ring me back, that was half an hour ago. I'm not hopeful. So annoying when I've moved other things around to be able to fit this in!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
11-08-2008, 11:23 AM   #3

That is very annoying MrsH. I'ma bit merciless with tradesmen who let me down . . . I work hard not to let clients down so it makes me cross when they're so throwaway about my business and (hard earned) money!!

Anyway, with that off my chest I can report bright skies here, not sunny but white clouds and NO RAIN (yet)!!

Back in the office trying to catch up on a several jobs at the same time. Oh, and on the holiday front I think I have finally found somewhere for next year. It looks like it might well be back to Italy - to the Le Marche region - somewhere we've not been before. Extensive web searches have reaped rewards as I've found a converted farmhouse in the hills, with a pool and massive gardens and 40 minutes drive from the Adriatic AND very friendly and helpful English owners Importantly, it's about 1/2 the price of Croatia

Right, off to do some more work

Catsey Veteran

11-08-2008, 11:32 AM   #4

Oo-er, the power of Catsey, guess who's just turned up! A 3 man team no less, but no explanation for being nearly 2 hours late! Lovely sound of the chain-saw as I type!

Catsey Veteran

11-08-2008, 01:19 PM   #5

The tree surgeon did a great job, tidied up nicely, was very careful of other things in the garden etc. The garden however seems a bit exposed now that the tree has gone, though.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
11-08-2008, 01:33 PM   #6

Sounds like a job well done MrsH .......it's surprising how much bigger a garden looks when you have a tree cut down.......have you made plans for the empty space?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-08-2008, 01:48 PM   #7

Lunchtime "catchup on Catsey" here! Hello everyone. Very gloomy here, but not raining yet.

Glad your tree surgeon turned up Mrs H. We have a chap we have used for many years - he's excellent, but fairly unreliable! He does a lot of emergency work and that's always the reason he gives if he's late!

Like the sound of your holiday venue in Italy Yola! Sounds perfect.

We are now moving ahead with phase 2 of our building renovations - our bedroom next, so we have dismantled the wardrobe and moved it out into the hall and reassembled it this morning. So glad we didn't leave it until later in the week as it was a struggle! Plasterer is coming in on Saturday to skim over the hideous artex ceiling - I shall be so glad to see the back of that! Then decorator will be in next Monday. I am going carpet hunting later this week.

So it is all go here at the moment.

Merlin worried me yesterday - he did not eat much and "upchucked" a couple of times. He seemed to be having an "off day" and is a bit brighter today. He has been out in the garden and eaten some grass which seems to have perked him up. I do get so anxious when he's not himself.

I have a lot of work promised this week - so I shall go and get the bit I have received out of the way. See ya later alligator/s!

Catsey Veteran

11-08-2008, 01:53 PM   #8

Not really Mags, we've got some bamboo coming along just behind where the tree was, so we'll just let that have the corner all to itself providing it doesn't get out of hand.

It's a good thing the tree has gone although we probably won't get visits from the woodpeckers and nuthatches anymore. We have a very small garden and the tree was also overhanging the drive of the neighbour round the corner, pigeons had taken to sitting in the branches and pooping on her car. I feel really guilty about that, I only found out about it at the weekend, I wish she'd told me, it would have spurred us on earlier to get it removed.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-08-2008, 04:44 PM   #9

Hi, all! Still sunny and unseasonably cool, only 20C right now and feels cooler with a brisk north wind. Not at all like our normal August weather. Did the usual marketing; nothing really to report. MrsH: do be careful with the bamboo; it will overrun the garden if it has half a chance! Mine got so out of hand I couldn't control it any more and had to have a very expensive crew come and dig it all up from the roots! Yola: that sounds fab for your holiday! Angie: a lot of turmoil at your house, but won't it be nice when it's all done! Hope dear Merlin is feeling better now.....

Are you all enjoying the Olympics?

Have a nice day!