Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: MOGGIE
12-05-2008, 07:10 PM   #1

Sad News

I feel as if my world is crumbling down. I made another appointment for Xander this morning as I wanted happy that he was breathing quite heavily. We had a 20 minute wait at the vets within which time he was getting very agitated.

As soon as the vet saw him he rushed him off and put him in an oxygen tent.

An hour later Xander sadly passed away. X-Rays had shown a problem with his heart, the walls had enlarged and was not allowing the blood to flow through his veins. His lungs had filled making it hard to breathe.

I can't believe that he was being treated for cystitis when there was something more dealy lurking. I am angry as I was telling the vets each time he's withdrawn, acting out of character etc but each time it was put down to being uncomfortable due to cystsitis.

I cannot believe that I will never cuddle him ever again or have him welcome me when I get home from work. He was the most wonderful cat I could ever of hoped for. He was a feral cat that we took in, on the verge of exhaustion. I hope that we gave him as good a 6 years as he gave me.

I feel like I've let him down, I knew he was poorly, I just never knew this badly.

Xander, I love you to pieces and always will. Be at peace now.

love Marie

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-05-2008, 07:18 PM   #2

Re: Sad News

Oh how truly sad Marie. You did all you could for Xander it's very tragic he had to go this way. I'm sure he would not feel like you let him down, as you gave him six years of love and happiness he would not otherwise have had.

Rest peacefully sweetheart and ****HUGS**** for your mummy. xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
12-05-2008, 07:23 PM   #3

run free Xander
(( Hugs ))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
12-05-2008, 07:23 PM   #4

I am so sorry to read this. I can appreciate how angry you are and my heart goes out to you.
Don't ever doubt that you gave Xander the most amazing 6 years of his life. He loved you to bits and knew you only did what was best for him.

Big hugs to you right now. XXXXXXX

RIP Xander, mummys special boy you will be sadly missed but never forgotten.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
12-05-2008, 07:28 PM   #5

Oh Marie, I am so very sorry, big hugs xxx Please dont beat yourself up, you didnt know and she was very much loved.
I am so very sorry for your loss, such a shock xxx
R.I.P. dear kitty xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
12-05-2008, 08:02 PM   #6

So sorry to hear this, sometimes there is nothing you can do.

RIP Xander

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
12-05-2008, 08:06 PM   #7

I'm so sorry to hear this, I'm sure you did everything you could for him, please don't feel that you let him down in any way.
RIP Xander,sweet dreams xxxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-05-2008, 08:50 PM   #8

Oh Marie, how very sad. You did your best, and gave him 6 years of comfort and love; not that that eases the shock and pain you're feeling now. It is very hard losing him, (((hugs)))

RIP Xander, run free...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
12-05-2008, 08:55 PM   #9

I'm sorry to hear about your cat.
I can understand your anger, but the problem with animals is that we can only guess at where tehy are hurting. I'm sure the vets did all they could and treated your cat for what they could.

(hugs)

I live not far from you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
12-05-2008, 09:12 PM   #10

Kelly's words are so true. You're in real pain right now . . . and angry/blaming yourself and the vet. Xander had probably been ill for a bit - animals can hide pain extremely well and it only become aparent when it's possibly too late.

I'm so very sorry you've lost your darling cat - but just console yourself with the fact that he's no longer in any pain, confusion or discomfort.

Hugs to you and RIP to Xander.