Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
03-10-2011, 11:33 AM   #1

Chinchilla Monday

Good morning,
grey day here today. Just back from walking the dogs, took them seperate walks so was out for about two hours. Pleased to say Kwame seems ok on his own now in the house, had to give up with the crate as i was concerned he'd damage his teeth.
Discovered Jerry had left me a very sloppy smelly present in the bedroom, fortunately on the wooden floor.
Got some free cooking apples from a little stand down the lane so may make a crumble later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
03-10-2011, 12:43 PM   #2

Re: Chinchilla Monday

Hi Shelley, you've been getting in the exercise with the dogs then! We've not been out with Morgan yet today, will be doing that this afternoon. Being retired we have no need to get up early so I'm afraid we're getting a bit lazy about getting up and doing in the mornings!

The spaniel litter we were waiting for was born overnight. As we expected (given that there were only going to be 2 puppies) there wasn't a black and white boy for us. She had 2 blue roans a boy and a girl, so not this time for us I'm afraid but the puppies are both well as is the mum so that's a huge relief for the breeder.

Another sunny day here again, not as warm as the last few days and a little bit breezier but still far better than you would expect for early October

Catsey Veteran

03-10-2011, 01:17 PM   #3

sorry you didn't get your pup this time, MrsH

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-10-2011, 02:10 PM   #4

Afternoon ladies.

Glad all is good with Kwame when left on his own now Shelley, and you enjoyed the walks.
Mrs H glad the bitch and pups are good thats the main thing. Just think how grown up Morgan will be when he get his sidekick;

Anyhow bits to do today back later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-10-2011, 02:57 PM   #5

Afternoon all - yes another lovely October day here and, as MrsH says, not quite so hot but lovely. I've taken this warm weather as a bit of a holiday and haven't felt like doing much except sitting outside and reading. Now on A Clash of Kings.

Sorry to hear there isn't a pup for you MrsH, but I know you thought it might not happen this time.

Hope you enjoy your apples Shelley. I've poached some free pears this morning to go with a drop of ice cream for pud this evening.

Hi Kazz - hope your "bits" go well! Have a good day everyone!

Edited to say: Kizzy is playing with an emery board just by the keyboard now so don't know what'll appear on the screen. She double ordered several items on my grocery order that came this morning!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-10-2011, 03:25 PM   #6

Hi all! Still abnormally cold here: nearing 10:30 am and only 8 C (46 F), a real shock to the system after the low twenties. And cloudy also, although the wind has died down. Discovered the kitchen sink was leaking water all over the floor this morning; waiting for maintenance men to come. Leia seems a bit mopy this morning, didn't eat all her breakfast, but did eat her grass just now ......???

Shelley, glad Kwame can be left now; MrsH, too bad about the pup, but better luck next time. Apple crumble and poached pears sound very nice, I may fix fried apples later. Angie, isn't the Clash of Kings a great read? I got the gigglea about Kizzy ordering; was it cat food??

Enjoy the warmth while it's here... and send me some, please!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-10-2011, 03:34 PM   #7

No, strangely not Eileen - 2 bags of baby leaf and rocket salad and 2 bunches of bananas!

I am enjoying A Clash of Kings. Sadly, after A Game of Thrones, I already have a few favourite characters and I'm dreading what might become of them!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-10-2011, 03:36 PM   #8

Oh bless, she wants to be sure you're getting enough healthy foods!

Catsey Veteran

03-10-2011, 04:16 PM   #9

Has Kizzy finished filing her claws now, Angie ?