Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
29-01-2009, 08:16 AM   #1

Thursday~Daily...

Morning all, I was up at 6am, taking Ginger to be neutered this morning.....and the CP vet is 20 miles away......
Not sure what its like outside as its still dark...Nothing planned for the rest of the dy yet! Biut that could soon change......Kits are up and diving about playing......Looks like to two older ones may go this weekend, one I have and one I put to another fosterer...
Which means Dutch & Daisy are with me a bit longer
Hope all poorly people & pets are feeling better today...

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
29-01-2009, 09:41 AM   #2

Re: Thursday~Daily...

It was icy outside last night so was suprised when I stepped outside this morning to find its really mild.

Feel a bit off colour but not sure how and why? Just not 100%

Off to see my parents this morning then its ironing and cooking tea. Have got some lovely venison sausages to make a casserole for these lot. Not sure what I will have. Bess has perked up overnight and is into mischief once more. I shall try her with a small bowl of food at lunch time and a short stroll later.

Roll on playgroup next week (Poppy not me) and I can get back out walking around the beautiful welsh hillside

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
29-01-2009, 10:34 AM   #3

It's a drab morning here. I'm pleased to hear cold weather is on its way back . . . I hate this greyness. I have a long list of things to get through today before I scoot off to the dental hygenist later this afternoon. Must also write a press release for CP as we have had an instance of a family sadly losing 2 cats to antifreeze poisoning so we need to raise awareness of this in the local press.

Domi is still acting out of character. Refusing all but milk to drink. I've left a note for his teacher as I think we need to get to the bottom of this. Nat - I did wobble his front teeth last night and no sign of movement. However, it could be that some of his little friends have wobbly teeth (some of them being a year older than him), and this could be worrying him. Poor little love.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-01-2009, 12:21 PM   #4

Morning Moli, Natalie, Yola. Morning everyone.

I've got snowdrop buds! Will post a picture in a different thread - spring is on the way, although I too saw the forecast of bad cold weather coming in from the northeast due weekend/next week. We only tend to get snow if it comes in from the south (never) or east .... so not looking forward to it. Poor little snowdrops - not called snowdrops without a reason however.

OH and I are taking MIL to visit a day centre this afternoon with the view to her attending once a week. I doubt very much whether she will agree to go, but we do need to try for her sake, as it will give her some external stimuli and hopefully she will enjoy it, and it would give us the possibility of a few hours "off". The social worker visited on Monday, she was very nice and clued up on all the pros and cons, but since her visit MIL has been more unsettled than usual. Anyway, if you all would cross your fingers and offer up a little prayer that it all goes well, I'd be so grateful.

I'll let you know how it goes later on!

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
29-01-2009, 12:55 PM   #5

Hiya! I'm home today, off work with a nasty stomach bug. Didn't get much sleep after 2am on and off the loo. ( sorry, :blush: ) seems to have calmed down a little but I feel exhausted. I hate phoning in sick, esp. the ways things are at the mo. but I could not face the world, and I'm sure they don't need me if I'm not up to the mark.

Getting lots of cat cuddles which is nice, and still lounging in my nightie and dressing gown at 12.00... how decadent!

Very grey and misty thru the window, I can only hear the construction work going on and the noise is getting a tad repetitive. Big pile drivers going bang bang !
they are building a new community hospital, so I can't complain , it's to my advantage!

have a good day all, will see you later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
29-01-2009, 01:35 PM   #6

Sorry you're feeling rotten PP - best keep warm and close to the bathroom in instances such as these Hope it all subsides soon.

Just to report, my press release resulted in an immediate call from BBC Radio Berkshire requesting at 7am live radio interview tomorrow. Due to a houseful of small rowdy boys at that time in the morning I had to decline, but Linda our co-ordinator is doing it. Hopefully if it saves the life of just one cat it will have been worth it!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
29-01-2009, 02:16 PM   #7

Oh thats great news Yola!
Hope it gets results and that a cat is kept safer for that knowledge. With another cold blast on the way, we can only hope that more attention is paid to safer storage of antifreeze and de-icer stuffs.

At last I've managed to keep a piece of toast down and I'm just sipping cold water, hot tea just sets me off again! haven't watched daytime TV in ages it don't change much

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
29-01-2009, 04:53 PM   #8

Hello - healing and calming wishes to those who aren't feeling great or are stressed.
I've been to Mum's today. First trip out in (yet another) new (company) car, so I had a lot of thick fog to accompany me on the way over and was forced into a twisty, turny, detour on the way back to avoid an accident. Ho hum! However, Mum was fit and fine and in good spirit, so it was worth the hassle.
I don't think there's anything to report from this part of the world, except snowdrops in full flower in the woods. It is very sheltered there, so no doubt that helps them along.
Angie - I hope it works out with your MIL. It will be good for her and be really therapeutic for you to be off duty for a while. I think fear is all part of the condition; I know my Dad could get quite worked up about changes and new things. We tried to say 'Try not to be frightened before it happens - give it a chance and if it doesn't work out then you can leave it. It's a shame to miss out on good things because you don't know - wait until you do know'. He used to enjoy the weekly day centre very much, and would come back excited and tell us (or try to tell us) what he had been doing. Usually he forgot, even though he wanted to remember and tell us. Sometimes he would remember several days on.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-01-2009, 05:25 PM   #9

Afternoon, all!. Sun is out, it's inching above freezing and the ice is melting! A nice neighbor chipped all the ice off my sidewalk yesterday (I'm out of ice-melt!) so could retrieve the papers and put out the trash/recycling without worrying about a fall! Could have gone to market but really didn't need anything as the bi-weekly delivery is coming today. So just putzing around.

Yola, great about the anti-antifreeze publicity; and I do hope you can get to the bottom of what's bothering Domi. Angie, good luck with MIL, some wise advice from DM. And thank you and DM for the snowdrop report...will be interesting to see how the flowering progresses from South to North. Must check mine this afternoon, haven't been out in two days.
Healing vibes to all the poorly people and pets.

Stay warm!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-01-2009, 06:11 PM   #10

Thanks for your kind wishes but MIL will not be going to the day centre. OH says he's never seen her face like that - cross between Queen Victoria "We are not amused" and a thunderstorm. He is more upset about it than I am at the moment. No respite for us I fear.