Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-08-2008, 09:12 PM   #1

Leia inspecting the harvest

This Spring I planted an ordinary 50 cent bunch of scallions from the market to see if it was true that they'd grow into nice small boiler onions..well, they did! Here's the small harvest drying on a newspaper, and being inspected by you-know-who!

I think I'll plant another bunch; we often don't get a killing frost till November.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-08-2008, 09:46 PM   #2

Re: Leia inspecting the harvest

I think we call those spring onions Eileen - do you string them and hang them up until you need them?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-08-2008, 09:56 PM   #3

Re: Leia inspecting the harvest

First time I've grown onions, Angie so had to Google what to do. They said to let them dry in the sun in the garden for a few hours, then spread out where they'd get good air circulation for 2-3 days, then braid them...but there aren't enough dried leaves to braid and hang up! I think I'll just put them in a hanging wire basket,,,should work. Some markets do call them spring onions here......