Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
27-11-2011, 11:36 AM   #1

wild rose sunday

Morning everyone. Its very windy here today. Loads of bins outside last night kept getting blown over. No idea what the plan for today is except for shopping for lunch things for during the week. Also going to try the monsters on wood pellets instead of gravel litter to see how they get on. Harris seems alot perkier yesterday and today aswell after the constant tray usage on friday night

Hope you all have a good day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-11-2011, 01:06 PM   #2

Re: wild rose sunday

Hi Pamela - windy here too, I was woken in the night by the wind blowing the bird feeder about just outside our window. It's sunny now, but still blowing. Not as bad as you've had it in the North and Midlands though.

My breathing was quite poor early on and I had to go and lie on the bed and wait for it to get better which it has done, but not good enough to go out for a walk which is a shame as OH is meeting a couple of old friends and their dog for a walk today, I've had to send apologies. They will be meeting Monty for the first time.

We have a chicken casserole in the slow cooker for supper.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
27-11-2011, 01:48 PM   #3

Morning people well just missed it but hey....really windy here too in fact I half expect to see a the wicked witch of the North pedal past.....

Last night the wheelbarrow was blown across the garden and Sal decided it was a whole bus load of invaders and woke me up to tell me after a quick glance around the garden securing the wheelbarrow I came in but Sal patrolled the garden numerous times before settling and deciding she had scared them off. Have to say because its so rare I forget every time how intimidating an annoyed SBT can be I would not have wanted to have been on the wrong side of her.

Good news went to Bingo last night with 3 friends sure I told you and we won Chris won £1000 and I won £250 so £312 each..... really enjoyable evening too.

Not sure what I am doing today but it will include the garden to some extent, brought 4 random style stepping stones for the back yesterday.

Pamela I am glad Harris is a little better, why are you changing their litter? I used Thomas and then catsan never varied at all.

Angie Chicken casserole sounds lovely hope Monty enjoys meeting the friends. Sorry you are not feeling up to going not sure I would go out in this wind either though. What are you and the cats planning on doing..............checking out another K9??????

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
27-11-2011, 02:25 PM   #4

Morning all...

Angie - sorry to hear about the breathing. Pamela - good hearing Harris is feeling a bit better now. Kazz - well done on winning at the bingo - that's a nice little bonus for you all.

Was blowy here over night too - I'm another woken in the middle of the night - rain driving against the window on this occasion. Got to sleep easy enough again though.

Also sunny here now, and the wind is nothing like as bad now.

Feel better soon Angie - and have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
27-11-2011, 04:42 PM   #5

Angie, hope your breathings gotten better.
Kazz, well done with your win, a great wee bonus for xmas
Squirrel, the weather was bad here aswell with bins getting blown over. Sunny hear now aswell but still really cold. Ventured out to the town centre for shopping. Empty cupboards except for the cats 1!! We have caught Harris and Skye working together to open their food cupboard as they have 1 all to themselves and they arent far away from getting it open, need to think about putting a kids lock on it to stop them getting in!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-11-2011, 04:48 PM   #6

Hi all! My, it does sound rather gale-ish there, I hate bad windy nights like that. Sunny now, a bit past 10:45 AM and 16℃ (60℉); it's unusually mild for November, made the 60s℉ for the 8th day in a row. This would have made me happy when I was paying the heating bills! All's quiet here, just downstairs for mail and grass, another lazy paper and puzzle day. Broiled raimbow trout, spinach and potatoes rissole for dinner ... and some more of the chocolate pie!

I think I've decided what I'm getting myself for C********, saw an ad in the Smithsonian for a needlepoint tapestry pillow kit that is rather stunning... also rather expensive, but can't take it with me, so .....Pamela, that's good news about Harris! Angie, so sorry your breathing is bothering you; I can understand that too well. HI, Squirrel, how are you doing? Kazz, lovely Bingo win ... treat yourself to something nice!

Whatever you're doing, I hope you enjoy it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
27-11-2011, 05:14 PM   #7

Hey ya Eileen - the tapestry kit sounds good. Always nice to treat yourself.

Me? I'm okay. Not perfect again as yet, still taking rather too much inhaler, but given until my last appt with the nurse I wasn't taking any inhaler...

Anyway, still having coughing fits, and times I'm out and about doing stuff or night time are still worse than the rest of the time, but I'm told that I sound better than I did, so... Just roll on Thurs when I'll finally see the nurse and hopefully manage to get things improving that bit more...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-11-2011, 05:17 PM   #8

Hi all - just an update from me. Our friends came around after their walk and we had tea and cake! It's so nice to see them, we only meet up about once a year to hear news. Their two boys are both employed, one a fire-fighter, the other training to be a chef. Such a relief to hear that those two youngsters have careers if all goes well. They loved Monty, who behaved well on the walk, met and befriended several more dogs and was generally sociable.

Glad to hear that Harris seems to be recovered and about you and your friends Bingo win Kazz - good timing!

Tapestry kit sounds really good Eileen - I hope you enjoy doing it.

Just thought I'd post this link to the Royal School of Needlework Shop in case you fancy anything from them!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
27-11-2011, 06:29 PM   #9

Eileen have you got a link to the Christmas present????

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-11-2011, 09:50 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Eileen have you got a link to the Christmas present????
Here you go!

http://www.ehrmantapestry.com/?mpch=ads