Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
19-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #1

Sunday, thanks goodness its a week on

The title is because last sunday was when we had the family disaster.
Couldn't settle last night so went over to visit my parents.
Dad is feeling ok but they have cancelled their trip to see Andrei Reiu in Maastrict (sp), they have both lost confidence.
Took the dogs out this morning for a nice country lane walk, then over to my parents to do a little job. Howard is bringing their car back from scotland today.
Hope everyone has a lovely day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-05-2013, 11:56 AM   #2

Re: Sunday, thanks goodness its a week on

Morning Shelley. Sorry to hear that your parents have lost confidence, understandably. Perhaps when your Dad is feeling a bit bolder, they could start with nearer trips to build up confidence again? Has your Dad got to have any further tests to make sure his meds are better suited?

A very gloomy cold day here. I was about to go and potter outside but it's started raining, so I've come indoors, put an extra jumper on and decided to tidy my desk up a bit instead.

Going to have roast chicken for supper - just chicken breasts but I think we could probably do with roast potatoes and stuffing and carrots and peas too! Enjoy your Sunday folks.

Catsey Veteran

19-05-2013, 12:06 PM   #3

Hi Angie, my dad is seeing the GP again in three weeks to see how things are going.
Sorry you have rain, enjoy your meal later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
19-05-2013, 12:51 PM   #4

Hiya all.
It is a lovely day here - last line of washing out so fingers crossed - just off to Sainsburys after I finish this coffee.

Mom is packing ready for her holiday she goes tomorrow back next Sunday - she is really looking forward to it but fussing over Dad.....hence the reason for her break too much fussing is what is causing her to be anxious. But he has finished his set of antibiotics for a chest infection from last week. And just takes his Clopidogrel plus his inhalers for the emphysema. One of the side effects of his COPD is swollen ankles but he has water tablets that keep this is check. However Mon needs the break, she now does not go out at all unless someone is with Dad in case he falls the falls are due to his age and shingles which caused los of nerves in his left lower leg.

Anyhow man coming to replace the boiler tomorrow and a man coming to fit the new gas cooker Wednesday and fit worktops and sink/Taps on Thursday. I have a chap coming to quote for a new back door being fitted this week too. So all systems go. All means I can get it done while Mom is away and I am home for Dad and workmen. In between trying to declutter the loft still.

Having roast beef today with yorkie and trimmings. Right off I go.

Catsey Veteran

19-05-2013, 12:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
The title is because last sunday was when we had the family disaster.
Couldn't settle last night so went over to visit my parents.
Dad is feeling ok but they have cancelled their trip to see Andrei Reiu in Maastrict (sp), they have both lost confidence.
Took the dogs out this morning for a nice country lane walk, then over to my parents to do a little job. Howard is bringing their car back from scotland today.
Hope everyone has a lovely day.
Does you Mom drive Shelley? and what sort of car is it maybe swopping for a smaller car would suit your parents. Giving them the confidence although I doubt the driving is the issue. You need to be confident yourself they can do it - says she who has just had a major debate over one going out. Old age is I think more the loss of confidence than the loss of health.

Catsey Veteran

19-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Morning Shelley. Sorry to hear that your parents have lost confidence, understandably. Perhaps when your Dad is feeling a bit bolder, they could start with nearer trips to build up confidence again? Has your Dad got to have any further tests to make sure his meds are better suited?

A very gloomy cold day here. I was about to go and potter outside but it's started raining, so I've come indoors, put an extra jumper on and decided to tidy my desk up a bit instead.

Going to have roast chicken for supper - just chicken breasts but I think we could probably do with roast potatoes and stuffing and carrots and peas too! Enjoy your Sunday folks.
Angie roast chicken sounds great. Enjoy. This is an open question to the cosmos........... its MAY almost JUNE so why are we wearing jumpers PLEASE.....

Catsey Veteran

19-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Hi Angie, my dad is seeing the GP again in three weeks to see how things are going.
Sorry you have rain, enjoy your meal later.
Sure things will go well and maybe at most need a little tweaking. But I would check on your Mom too we women do worry more

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-05-2013, 01:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Angie roast chicken sounds great. Enjoy. This is an open question to the cosmos........... its MAY almost JUNE so why are we wearing jumpers PLEASE.....
Well my response is

'COS IT'S SO D**N COLD!

Catsey Veteran

19-05-2013, 07:24 PM   #9

Karen, where is your mum going for her hols ? I hope she has a great time and doesn't worry too much.
My mum can drive but doesn't, they have a mobility car which is a mini,lol so can't go any smaller.
Think my dad would like something bigger, they have always chose small in case my mum drives again. She isn't going to so i have suggested they get something more suited to my dad.

Catsey Veteran

19-05-2013, 07:45 PM   #10

Quote:
Karen, where is your mum going for her hols ? I hope she has a great time and doesn't worry too much.
My mum can drive but doesn't, they have a mobility car which is a mini,lol so can't go any smaller.
Think my dad would like something bigger, they have always chose small in case my mum drives again. She isn't going to so i have suggested they get something more suited to my dad.
I that case then it does propel your Dad into driving doesn't it. Which means he has no excuse to stay in..... I would say get them out looking at slightly bigger cars. The whole mobility scheme is a Godsend is it not.
Opps sorry meant to say Mom is off to the English Riviera, the towns of Torquay, Babbacombe, Paignton and Brixham - she should enjoy it its a coach holiday with Johnsons, so trips out every day bar Thursday and she is right on the sea front. She is going on her own - lots of those holidays have single ladies due to the age of the usual holiday makers. And she always makes friends anyhow. It the rest which she will enjoy.