Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
31-12-2008, 08:40 AM   #1

New Years Eve daily.

Good morning. Its gorgeous and frosty here once again.

Already been out with Bess, left milo to snooze a while longer and both cats are trying to find cosy resting places although Merlin would rather play with Poppy's hair which hasn't gone down well with a psycho toddler.
Off to fat fighters AKA Slimming world and then work. I shall update the Slimming club thread later when I have got my weighing details but I'm raring to go. Te**o should deliver some food today so I have no excuse to get started.
Hubby is working the night shift tonight and its his first day back to work and I think it will do him some good. Normality and all that helping him focus his mind on other things than funerals and probate!!! I shall therefore be home just with Poppy tonight. Millie is home tomorrow and I can't wait. I have missed her so so much.

Everyone who is having a party/gathering later, have a good one.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
31-12-2008, 09:52 AM   #2

Re: New Years Eve daily.

Morning Natatalie and morning everyone. It's freeeezing again, lots of pretty hoar frost. We left the fire in last night, so had a comfortable sleep sans felines, as theyprefer their own company if they have the fire, and a very cosy home to wake up to.
No plans for the day and no plans to stay up to let the new year in - it will arrive whether we are there to see it or not. But, we just may .... it's a wait and see thing.
To update yesterday's birth notice; Mother and baby are doing great - he was 9lb 11 . so is obviously big and bouncing. Relief to all that he was a planned Caesarian I guess. Name of Rory, which I like a lot.
Have a lovely day, whatever you are doing, and Happy New Year

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
31-12-2008, 10:00 AM   #3

OH back up to the office as the server has crashed again, meaning we can't access our email from home (a must). From Sebi's model behaviour yesterday to major screaming and strops today; just because he won't put his dressing gown on. I am off shortly to re-dress him in it . . . he's not going to win!

Have to pop to town today to bank a client's cheque and other than that not sure what the day will hold.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
31-12-2008, 10:01 AM   #4

Just got in from work so thought I'd join in early today
Done my question for the day.
Will try and get a few hours kip before the festivities start. Going to watch the road races at 4pm. It's a special 50th anniversary of our Nos Galan races in Mountain Ash. The town hosts runners from all over the country to run a 5k circuit around the town in the dark with torch bearers as support. There's a mystery runner too, usually some sporting celeb. from Wales. Some fireworks and street entertainment to add atmosphere. All in honour of Guto Nyth Bran, a legendary 18th century hero, who it is said could 10 miles in the time it took the kettle to boil! or something like that well this guy was a phenomenon of his day but run one race too many and collapsed and died when his girlfriend slapped him on his back to congratulate him

http://www.nosgalan.co.uk/

So the story goes, so poor man lives on in legend and the road runners.

Have a good NYE/ Hogmanay whatever you do or don't do

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
31-12-2008, 12:05 PM   #5

Morning everyone!
Work is quiet today so I've been given the day off which is lovely. Will walk into town in a little while for some shopping then planning on taking our little stray westie who's been at the practice since Christmas eve for a long walk along the canal. It's lovely weather, cold but dry so I'm planning to make the most of it.
Have a good day all, and enjoy whatever plans you have for this evening.
Lx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
31-12-2008, 12:38 PM   #6

Morning all, Just got in from work.
Its foggy and well cold here, -3 yay.

Gotta go and help my mum with the food etc for tonight!

Have a nice day and night all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
31-12-2008, 05:24 PM   #7

Evening all. Very cold and frosty here today. My sister felt a little better today and she and Holly came with me to walk Toby. It was nice to have the company and she felt better for getting out into the fresh air. She was tired when we got back so I left her, after a bowl of soup and a cup of tea, to chill out and rest a little.
Went to sainsburies to get a few things, man alive, the place was so crowded and shelves were bare , you'd think people were stocking up for a famine or something.
Anyway, took me two hours to pick up some milk, bread, cat litter and a few nibbles
Had loads of other things to be getting on with this afternoon but I now cannt be bothered

Have a very happy new year every one xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
31-12-2008, 05:28 PM   #8

Hi, all. Weird weather as usual, brief snow flurries earlier and sun now; howling winds. We're on the fringes of a big storm passing thru Pennsylvania; wind chill is -4C now. Safeway is delivering groceries today so can stay inside and warm; Leia tried the porch for all of 3 minutes and is napping on the radiator at present. No special plans, need to repot a few plants and take some amaryllis pics...new one is blooming.

Enjoy whatever you're planning for tonight, and Happy New Year!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
31-12-2008, 05:48 PM   #9

Hiya all been to work now home nthing more to say other than took S out early to avoid the fireworks which will undoubtedly be set off later.

Very foggy this morning, and frosty now.

Dave has gone away for bussiness went today....back some time next week depending on how it goes.

Happy New Year all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
31-12-2008, 06:08 PM   #10

Afternoon all, done the trolley dash, the ironing, then had a lovely walk with the mutts.....all of whom came back covered in mud!but they had fun....
Hubby is cooking steak tonight, so thats me got the evening off.....
We will stay up till midnight, see the New Year in hen go to bed..
Happy New Year to everyone....