Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
23-07-2007, 11:03 AM   #1

Very angry yesterday

We went out yesterday and as we returned and pulled into the shared car park we saw next doors little boy (about 7) and the girl from 2 doors up (about 9-10) shotting Domino with bb guns and laughing .
I was so angry, my b/f didn't even park the car just stopped where we were and we both got out, the kids first said 'we didn't mean to hit it' to which I said 'YES you did we saw you and you were laughing', then they both looked absolutley terrified and said sorry, b/f said are you really sorry and they said yes (you could tell by the looks on their faces they were).
They were told they would be in big trouble if they ever did it again and we left it at that, I don't think they would dare do it again. Even though both me and b/f were very angry we were very calm with them, didn't shout and we weren't nasty.

I don't really think those kind of toys are right for young kids, there is no way my 7 year old brother would be aloud something like that, but I know next door they go hunting and are all used to guns, but still a 7 year old is obviously not responsible enough. Will have a word with the mum next door next time I see her.
Domino was fine, just a bit freaked out, poor thing doesn't get a lot of luck.. but at least he's got us to stick up for him now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
23-07-2007, 11:20 AM   #2

Re: Very angry yesterday

I think you were very restrained in the circumstances

it saddens me greatly when children don't appreciate animals and try to hurt them rather than look after them

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Mogs/Siamese/Orientals
Tom is Male
23-07-2007, 11:26 AM   #3

OMG I can't believe that. People who carry guns around even if they are fake bb guns will be arrested no doubt about it. Not sure what the age is to be arrested? They were probably too young but I'm sure if the police had come past they would have confiscated the guns and taken the kids home.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
23-07-2007, 02:03 PM   #4

I have to admit that I don't know what a bb gun is

No child should be allowed to torment, let alone hurt an animal... It was good of you both to keep your cool but I would definitely make a point of having a word with their parents, they need to learn now or goodness knows what they will do when they get to teenagers....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Mogs/Siamese/Orientals
Tom is Male
23-07-2007, 02:23 PM   #5

Mags, a bb gun is just a gun that fires little round yellow plastic bullets and can be quite painful actually...

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
23-07-2007, 02:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Mags, a bb gun is just a gun that fires little round yellow plastic bullets and can be quite painful actually...
Thanks for explaining Tom ........ that sounds a bit dangerous to be in the hands of children

What has happened to the cap guns you used to get years ago? They were a lot safer and more fun!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
23-07-2007, 02:37 PM   #7

Hmmmm, my ex bought my kids BB guns and I was horrified!!! Know they would never shoot at animals as they are caring kids, but know accidents can happen..... worried about them hurting themselves and also the worry of this gun being seen as a real gun can land the kids into a lot of bother....

Both my kids know how I feel about these guns and they are not allowed in my house. Think the novelty has worn off for them anyway.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
23-07-2007, 02:46 PM   #8

Sam I commend you for your restraint, 'cause I think I would have lost the plot with the little sods!!! What is going on with kids when they think it is perfectly ok to go around hurting animals!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-07-2007, 04:36 PM   #9

I''m in awe at your restraint too! I would have gone ballistic! Tom said bb guns shoot plastic...here they shoot actual metal pellets and can do quite a bit of harm...people have been known to lose an eye!!! NOT a toy for children!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
23-07-2007, 06:29 PM   #10

Well I think they learned there lesson, they did look very scared when we told them off, and we saw the girl today, going off for a bike ride with her mum and she looked very sheepish when she spotted us.
As for being restrained - well I'm famous for it, I have a very long fuse, but when that fuse runs out you will know about it.