Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
14-09-2009, 10:19 PM   #1

Still trying to decide . . .

Which forum works best for me. I don't have time to hop between many so apart from a local news site I visit and post barbed comments on (anonymously ) I need to decide on one other.

Have been dabbling with both Over 50 and Catsey for several weeks now and need to decide which one is right for me. I have to say, whether it's the folk, the cat focus or the content this one is currently winning. I just like the intimacy and cameraderie here . . . I hope it livens up as many seem to have deserted it at the moment

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
15-09-2009, 07:29 AM   #2

Re: Still trying to decide . . .

Neither are doing it for me right now and am thinking about just taking off altogether and giving forums a miss.
Hope you stick with Catsey though Yola as you are a valued member and would be sorely missed.

Catsey Veteran

15-09-2009, 09:19 AM   #3

You're a valued member too Elaine . . . and you make me giggle I think the more we make use of it the more fun it'll become. Not always possible when work and other commitments get in the way though is it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
15-09-2009, 10:00 AM   #4

I like you two. Who would kick my butt in to action when it needs it

Catsey Veteran

15-09-2009, 10:18 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kado
I like you two. Who would kick my butt in to action when it needs it
LOL!! Jane, I wouldn't be so presumptious as to kick your butt But Elaine would . . .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
15-09-2009, 11:30 AM   #6

Elaine can't kick anyone's butt she falls over having only one leg......WHAT I hear you all scream, Elaine only has
one leg....but she only ever has one leg in action at a time because the other she leg is attatched to her foot which is always in her mouth.

But I have to agree I don't seem to be staying anywhere forum wise at the moment. I know a lot is to do with not being 100% but I can't simply think of anything to say.
I need to commit ....No not be commited,

I am home today because I went to work and a light fitting exploded and the shards of glass have gone in my eye so hear I sit with my patch on.

Catsey Veteran

15-09-2009, 11:56 AM   #7

Well get starting some threads then Karen - if you eye is up to it of course. I'll pop in and out during the day when time permits

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
15-09-2009, 01:01 PM   #8

Funny you're pondering this, Yola, I'm exactly the same!

I need to be a Catsey member for all sorts of reasons, mainly 'cos the folk are great and the advice is always spot on. But I have to admit to my shame that I read a lot more than I post I must make a bigger effort there!

I also need to be a member of a breed specific forum for my dog as there is always behaviour, training, health advice that I can't easily access elsewhere.

I really enjoy the 50s forum too, but I haven't posted or even visited for weeks, I really don't seem to have the time and a little voice is asking me if I actually want to be defined by my age? Perhaps it's just the name that's a bit of a turn off?

I'm not sure that I want to spend my retirement doing nothing but walking the dog and sitting at my computer even though I enjoy both activities immensely.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-09-2009, 01:58 PM   #9

It's spooky - you all are saying what I've been thinking. I don't want to feel obliged to be chatting daily on two forums (I'd never cope with any more) - there's more to life than that - even if I do complain about having quite a lot to do in the way of looking after MIL and OH. I know Elaine often says she is bored - can't think of the last time I could have said that.

Though perhaps my thoughts at this time of the year are badly timed - during those dark cold days it may well be that chatting is the nicest thing to do (and reading books; and playing with Pip and Kizzy).

These things generally settle gently back to where they should be from my own point of view. I don't think I could give up on Catsey - for all the reasons others have given.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
15-09-2009, 02:07 PM   #10

I tend to have both open at the same time.....and do post on each, but must say Catsey is my first love, its small and I feel as if we are one big group of friends on here.....