Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-02-2012, 12:04 PM   #1

What-do-you-know? Thursday today!

Morning all, a nice Spring day here, overcast to start but cheering up, birds singing, daffodils and tulips are coming up, snowdrops ringing in the breeze!!!

My mechanic has just been to put a recharged battery in my car - it wouldn't start on Monday just when I needed it to go to the GP, but it's all OK now. I hope to start going out again tomorrow - a lunch with ex-work friends, so I am on the mend finally. Ear is good, oil worked a treat.

OH is out with Master Monty. I can't believe that he, Monty that is, will be 1 year old next Tuesday. I have just posted his birthday invitation on the Schnauzer forum. I did debate inviting Catsey cats too, but I don't think they'd enjoy themselves!!!

I really enjoyed the quiz last evening - very good questions Pamela, thanks! Certainly not easy for me and I was just glad to get a few points. Tim Rice helped!

Have a good day folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
23-02-2012, 02:18 PM   #2

Re: What-do-you-know? Thursday today!

Afternoon angie. Is that really monty a year now? You will need to post some photos of his party. glad to hear you are on the mend and hope you enjoy lunch tomorrow.

Im on my lunch break at work and using my phone to post which is hopeless!!! Going shopping after work for some retail therapy as my training is just mind numbing!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
23-02-2012, 03:53 PM   #3

afternoon Angie, Pamela and all to follow.
Glad your on the mend finaly and hope you enjoy your lunch tomorrow.
Pamela, hope you enjoy your retail therapy, you'l have to tell us what you get .
Been to work this morning, then the farm shop.
Chris has his mates round this evening and my eldest has just posted on a certain social network site that he has another job, nice of him to tell us first, not !

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
23-02-2012, 05:56 PM   #4

Hi all, glad you're feeling a bit better Angie. Cleo, Smudge and Tolly will wish Monty a Happy Birthday from a safe and respectful distance.

Sorry the training is bad Pamela - I count it a failure if I can't raise a genuine laugh every few minutes. People probably complain about me thinking I am a comedian!

Your son sounds challenging Shelley but at least he has a job I suppose.

I am still coughing and sneezing and sound like a male blues singer. Smudge in particular is not amused and gives me that look when I cough too loudly.

Sadly FIL is being given palliative care only now but OH seems happy that he is there with him and that his dad has been with it enough to recognise him and knows he is there. I thought things looked bad when I saw him on Monday and was so worried that OH wouldn't see him in time so although I am very sad I am also quite relieved.

It is a lovely sunny day and I stood in the garden and remembered how proud my FIL looked on our wedding day and how welcoming he was to me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-02-2012, 06:24 PM   #5

It's very sad about your FIL CS - so glad your OH went to be with him. It's nice that you have some lovely memories.

Shelley, I hope that your son was telling the truth and really does have a job. Do him a lot of good and well done him, it can't be easy in current job climate.

I am proud of myself, having just got back from a short walk with OH and Monty across the fields. The air is warm and I thought it would do me good. First time out on a walk of really any sort (except local shop) for quite a while.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
23-02-2012, 07:12 PM   #6

CS so sorry to hear about your FIL.
Angie well done you, going out for a walk, i bet it has done you good.
Trouble with my son's jobs is that they're only bits of jobs and it messes up his benefits. They take penny for penny what he earns and it costs him lots in bus fares.
Somehow he always makes a mess