Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-01-2010, 05:20 PM   #1

Sunny Saturday

Cloudless blue skies here, a bit windy and cool: 3 degrees (37 F). To the library to pick up my hold and stopped at the market because there is supposed to be an all day cold rain tomorrow; the big storm that inundated California is on its way here!

Angie, forgot to reply to your question in the Daily yesterday: no, Leia's not shedding. but as she's an indoor cat she doesn't grow a heavy Winter coat.

Hope the poorly people are better today.......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
23-01-2010, 05:34 PM   #2

Re: Sunny Saturday

It's been a very dull day here all day not a glimpse of the sun at all, quite miserable. I hope you don't get too much horrible weather tomorrow DM, I find rain very depressing, and it makes me feel so cold too!

I've been doing a bit of baking today, a large banana loaf and a vine fruit and bran loaf, so we'll have something nice to enjoy with a cup of tea tomorrow when our daughter and her significant other come here in the afternoon. Poor doggie was so excited when I put my apron on and can't understand why none of today's baking is for him (I spoil that dog!)

My dry eye is still causing some problems but it's quite a lot more comfortable than yesterday, not quite so pink either, and I had a good night's sleep last night too!

Hope the other poorly ones are feeling better too!

Catsey Veteran

23-01-2010, 05:49 PM   #3

Wish I could come to tea tomorrow, sounds delicious! Yes, he's spoiled, and why not, bless him! Glad you're a bit better today, MrsH. Did you ever try and of the doggie biscuits with the cats? I think rain is depressing too.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
23-01-2010, 05:53 PM   #4

grey day here in Preston, it never realy got properly light, it's been damp but not raining.
Went a 6 mile walk in the country lanes as i can't stand to be in the house all day.
mrsH can i come for tea too, that Banana loaf sounds delicious

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-01-2010, 06:09 PM   #5

We did get a "sunny spell" here before lunch and went out to fill up the bird feeders and let Kizzy and Pip have a run around outside. Kizzy can of course run around on her own, but I still like to watch Pip. Today he was good and didn't climb any trees and came in when called with the treats shaken in their bag. Hope I can get some more of those ..... they must be delicious! Apart from that though it has been grey and dull but not nearly as cold as yesterday and the rain has held off.

Glad you are feeling a little better MrsH - any idea what caused your dry eye? Hope you feel better tomorrow for your lovely sounding tea. I love banana loaf!

Unfortunately MIL has taken a turn for the worse last evening. No amount of telling her she lives here would calm her and she ended up getting verbally aggressive with OH. I think we are entering the next stage. Luckily she has another appointment with the psychiatrist in a couple of weeks. I must admit it is really getting us down now but I have told OH that it's up to him to call time when he wants to.

I realise what a sad house this would be if it weren't for Kizzy and Pip and their entertainment. I am so grateful to them. Kizzy has been especially loving the last few days.

And yes, they are both moulting! Pip has a very very short coat but the white hairs show up on everything!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
23-01-2010, 07:26 PM   #6

Wish you could all come for tea tomorrow!

DM - I've not yet tried giving bits of dog biscuits to the cats yet, might try with the tuna ones though!

Angie - The dry eye is an occasional annoyance of my RA (lupus sufferers are susceptible too) and it's a right pain I can tell you!

Catsey Veteran

23-01-2010, 08:58 PM   #7

Angie, sorry MIL is getting worse; how hard for you and OH. I guess he will know when it's time...... thank heaven the two furries are there to lighten things up for you (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
23-01-2010, 10:45 PM   #8

Hello, all.
Had the oddest sleep schedule lately. Don't fall asleep till the sun rises which leaves my morning becoming about 2pm *sigh* and it doesn't matter if i take my meds earlier either..weird.
K had to work an extra shift, the 5am one at that. He's still not home yet.
Just gonna go to the library today to pick up some much needed reading.
Me and K seem to be bickering a lot lately and I'm three and a half weeks in to quitting smoking which is why I'm not so talkative lately.
Hope you are all doing well.

Catsey Veteran

23-01-2010, 11:45 PM   #9

You're doing well, Tink - 3 1/2 weeks. Wow, your sleep schedule is really out of sync, isn't it. Sorry K is grumpy; hope you got some interesting books at the library; I picked up a sci-fi book I had on hold. Hang in there, chat when you feel like it; always like to hear from you and how things are going.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-01-2010, 12:32 AM   #10

You're doing really well Tink - at some point (I can't remember exactly when) it does get easier. Has K given up too - is that why he's grumpy?