Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
27-07-2008, 07:34 AM   #1

Daily Thread/Sunday

Morning all,
Well thats it,I walked outof work for the last time this morning,and after saying good bye to the morning staff,I didnt walk out with the smile I thought I was going to have. Instead I had tears streaming down my face and found myself wishing the place was staying open
It was hard saying goodbye to the lads last night,yes they have tried to bite,punch,kick and hurt us at times but after nearly 3 years working with them they kind of grow on you and you learn to love them.
Im really really going to miss the place I guess its only really hit me just how much over the last 24 hours!

Anyway its looking like its going to be lovely day today again and I have decided that my first day of freedom (untill the next job comes along) isnt going to be spent all day in bed. So im going to get a couple of hours sleep in now,then see where the day leads me.

Hope you all have a good day

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
27-07-2008, 10:43 AM   #2

Re: Daily Thread/Sunday

Morning Erin, morning all!

Erin, it must have seemed very strange leaving work for the last time and I'm not surprised you felt upset.......it doesn't really sink in until you are about to walk out the door for the last time. I hope you get good news next week.

Another sweltering day here and the washing lines are full.

Going out for a meal this evening with my daughter and her family.........beats cooking over a hot stove this weather!

Hope the weather is as glorious where you are, have a great day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
27-07-2008, 12:47 PM   #3

Afternoon all.
Overcast but warm here today. Not alot planned for the day, got a bunny to see to later, have already been to see her this morning. Might just do some more reading today and chill out.
Erin, hugs chum xxx, its the end of another era, but as one door closes, another one opens. Or so they say xxx
Mags, enjoy your meal.
Have a good day every one

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: B&W Semi-Long Hair Moggy
Darky is Male
27-07-2008, 12:48 PM   #4

I had a very frightening panic attack last night. I ended up calling my fiance mid-hyperventilation and really scared him. It truly felt like I was going to die, the pain was so bad.

Now it's too hot.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
27-07-2008, 01:12 PM   #5

Oh dear, hope you are feeling a bit better today xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
27-07-2008, 01:47 PM   #6

Gorgeous day here really warm......not complaining though.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-07-2008, 02:53 PM   #7

Afternoon all - very hot and humid here, but there is a bit of a breeze. Got bitten again by a flea (caught it) last night, right here in the study sitting at my pc - so everything has been sprayed this morning and STINKS! Windows open and it still smells horrible, so I may not be around too much until the smell dies down a bit - I am hoping the fleas die too!

I Frontlined Merlin last weekend but he's still scratching - might have to phone the vet tomorrow and see what they recommend. Think Mags' vet is right - Frontline isn't working any more.

So sorry you got upset Erin - natural really. Hope you have a good relaxing time today and a nice evening, not thinking about having to go and do another shift.

Also Darky - sorry about your panic attack. Are you feeling any better now? How alarming that must have been for you and for your fiance too.

OH watched Countryfile weather earlier - he says it's going to be even hotter tomorrow, with thunder storms moving in Monday night. Don't like thunder storms, particularly not at night.

Make the most of the weather today everyone and have a good afternoon and evening. Enjoy your meal Mags.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-07-2008, 04:34 PM   #8

Hi, all! Another gorgeous day; the humidity is back and t'storms forecast again later, but definitely a great day now. I agree with Angie, they aren't nice, and definitely not at night; seem scarier somehow! To the market as usual, got some prawns for prawn creole dinner tonight. Don't have to share, silly Leia is the weird cat who doesn't like prawns..

Erin: perfectly natural to cry a bit; a chapter in your life has ended. I did on my last day at the company where I'd worked for 39 years; it was sold and headquarters moved to Baltimore...
Darky: hope you're OK today...
Mags: enjoy the meal!
Angie: fleas! Nasty awful little biters, hope most have succumbed to the stinky spray!
Elaine: chilling out's always an exceppent option on a warm day...

Have a lovely day all, Monday cometh!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
27-07-2008, 05:06 PM   #9

Oh Angie if there are understorms tomorrow night you will have to log on here so we can have a storm/lightening thunder watch............I adore thunder storms....,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-07-2008, 05:53 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Oh Angie if there are understorms tomorrow night you will have to log on here so we can have a storm/lightening thunder watch............I adore thunder storms....,

I'll have every appliance turned off at the switch, aerials out, computer disconnected ...... we did get some sort of lightening strike a few years ago that fried the computer! Luckily, my computer wizard managed to retrieve all my data - but I had to use hubbys' works laptop for about 2 weeksand that has made me extra nervous. Maybe the storm won't come to see me......

(Edited to say: I also have a surge protector now!)