Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
04-05-2009, 05:26 PM   #1

Eva, Vets, Vaccinations etc

Eva went to the vets this afternoon for her booster. Had a good chat with Andrew about the whole over immunisation stuff and it seems that maybe UK vets are begining to think along the same lines as USA vets now. The flu booster should keep her safe for 3 years but he said the Leukemia one he said would run out pretty quick, but as she doesnt come into contact with other cats and doesnt go to catteries, she should be fine. He said the choice was mine and he would respect that choice.

Here's a link from the CFA about vaccine guidelines, just incase you are interested.
http://www.cfa.org/articles/health/v...uidelines.html

The vet receptionist said that she liked it when Eva came in as it had a definate entertainment value for her , sick woman laughing at my poor girls distress . Eva must have been listening though as she decided not to entertain us all with her loud growling, hissing and screeming. Infact she was very good. I laughed at Andrew as he entered the room armed with a big fluffy towel and a pair of gauntlets, called him a big wuss and said come on lets go for it...
I held her head, Andrew hesitated a little and asked "will I just do it now?", I laughed again and said go for it. Eva hardly flinched. She's a clever girl my cat.
She did make a bit of a din when I lifted her to get her onto the scales. Her weight is up again just slightly and I suspect that may have been because she wanted a poop, as on the way home the van stank of poop and sure enough, she had produced one in her carry case .
Discussed her weight with Andrew and we WILL have to get her down to a more reasonable weight.
Discussed the whole claw clipping thing with him too and her behaviour towards it all. We wont be sedating her again, G and I will just have to clip them ourselves over a period of time because it's just not fair, right or healthy to put her through such an ordeal simply for having her claws clipped.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
04-05-2009, 05:43 PM   #2

Re: Eva, Vets, Vaccinations etc

So pleased to hear Eva was more co-operative at the vets today, Elaine .......could that have been helped along by her Reika sessions, do you think?

Thanks for the vaccines link, it's very interesting...

Catsey Veteran

04-05-2009, 05:45 PM   #3

I think her reiki needs a top up tbh as Bernie is currently sporting a couple of very nasty scars on his head because of her.
I think we just caught her on a good day, who knows, her moods can be a bit unpredictable at times

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
04-05-2009, 06:50 PM   #4

Glad she behaved herself at the vets

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
04-05-2009, 07:02 PM   #5

So glad that she behaved at the vets for you today Elaine, isn`t it nice when you have got a vet that will actualy listen to some of your suggestions and opinions instead of trying to force you into doing things that you don`t think are really necessary .
Poor Bernie hope his war wounds heal soon.

Catsey Veteran

04-05-2009, 10:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesy
So glad that she behaved at the vets for you today Elaine, isn`t it nice when you have got a vet that will actualy listen to some of your suggestions and opinions instead of trying to force you into doing things that you don`t think are really necessary .
Poor Bernie hope his war wounds heal soon.
I'm not so sure about that I did say to him that I was sorry to be such a pain, always asking questions and making suggestions, He just laughed politely. My sister always says that he knows exactly how to handle me

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
04-05-2009, 11:27 PM   #7

It makes a difference to get a good vet, who will discuss thinbgs with you...Mine is much the same....
Very interesting link Lainey.....
You look after my poor Bernie....!!

Catsey Veteran

05-05-2009, 08:30 AM   #8

What do you mean "your Bernie"?